GNU Octave 4.0.1 Released

The Octave developers are pleased to announce the release
of GNU Octave, version 4.0.1.

Octave 4.0.1 is a bug fixing release (see the list at
http://octave.org/fixes-4-0-1.html).

Octave 4.0, released in May 2015 was a major new version with many new
features, including a graphical user interface, support for classdef
object-oriented programming, better compatibility with Matlab, and many
new and improved functions.

An official Windows binary installer is also available from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows

We hope you find Octave to be useful.  We could also use your help to
make Octave even better for the future, and further improve the user
experience for both novices and experts alike.

   * If you are a skilled software developer, you can help by
     contributing your time with Octave's development.
     See http://octave.org/get-involved for more information.

   * If Octave does not work properly, you are encouraged to report the
     problems you find.  Bug reporting guidelines are available at
     http://octave.org/bugs

   * Your contributions help to make Octave better.  Please see
     https://my.fsf.org/donate/working-together/octave

Commercial support options are also available.  Please see
http://octave.org/support for details.

The source code for Octave 4.0.1 is available for download at:

   http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave
   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave

An installer for Windows systems is available for download at
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows

Please see http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html for mirror sites around the
world.  Or you may use http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/octave, which will
redirect automatically to a nearby mirror.

Links to binary (executable) versions for various systems will be listed
at http://octave.org/download as they become available.

As always, many people contributed to this Octave release.  A complete
list of contributors may be found in the Octave manual.

About Octave:

GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for
numerical computations.  It provides capabilities for the numerical
solution of linear and nonlinear problems and for performing other
numerical experiments.  It also provides extensive graphics capabilities
for data visualization and manipulation.  Octave is normally used
through its interactive command line interface, but it can also be used
to write non-interactive programs.  The Octave language is quite similar
to Matlab so that most programs are easily portable.  A full description
of Octave capabilities is available at http://octave.org/doc/interpreter

Re: GNU Octave 4.0.1 Released

José Luis García Pallero
> The Octave developers are pleased to announce the release
> of GNU Octave, version 4.0.1.
>
> Octave 4.0.1 is a bug fixing release (see the list at
> http://octave.org/fixes-4-0-1.html).

Apparently, http://octave.org/fixes-4-0-1.html and
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/fixes-4-0-1.html are broken (404 -
Page Not Found)

> Octave 4.0, released in May 2015 was a major new version with many new
> features, including a graphical user interface, support for classdef
> object-oriented programming, better compatibility with Matlab, and many new
> and improved functions.
>
> An official Windows binary installer is also available from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows
>
> We hope you find Octave to be useful.  We could also use your help to make
> Octave even better for the future, and further improve the user experience
> for both novices and experts alike.
>
>   * If you are a skilled software developer, you can help by
>     contributing your time with Octave's development.
>     See http://octave.org/get-involved for more information.
>
>   * If Octave does not work properly, you are encouraged to report the
>     problems you find.  Bug reporting guidelines are available at
>     http://octave.org/bugs
>
>   * Your contributions help to make Octave better.  Please see
>     https://my.fsf.org/donate/working-together/octave
>
> Commercial support options are also available.  Please see
> http://octave.org/support for details.
>

> The source code for Octave 4.0.1 is available for download at:
>
>   http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>
> An installer for Windows systems is available for download at
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows
>
> Please see http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html for mirror sites around the
> world.  Or you may use http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/octave, which will redirect
> automatically to a nearby mirror.
>
> Links to binary (executable) versions for various systems will be listed at
> http://octave.org/download as they become available.
>
> As always, many people contributed to this Octave release.  A complete list
> of contributors may be found in the Octave manual.
>

> About Octave:
>
> GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for
> numerical computations.  It provides capabilities for the numerical solution
> of linear and nonlinear problems and for performing other numerical
> experiments.  It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data
> visualization and manipulation.  Octave is normally used through its
> interactive command line interface, but it can also be used to write
> non-interactive programs.  The Octave language is quite similar to Matlab so
> that most programs are easily portable.  A full description of Octave
> capabilities is available at http://octave.org/doc/interpreter

José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!

RE: GNU Octave 4.0.1 Released

John Guin
Looks like this is the correct link:
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/bug-fixes-4-0-1.html

John

> [...]

> > Links to binary (executable) versions for various systems will be listed at
> > http://octave.org/download as they become available.
> >
> > As always, many people contributed to this Octave release. A complete list
> > of contributors may be found in the Octave manual.
> >

> > About Octave:
> >
> > GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for
> > numerical computations. It provides capabilities for the numerical solution
> > of linear and nonlinear problems and for performing other numerical
> > experiments. It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data
> > visualization and manipulation. Octave is normally used through its
> > interactive command line interface, but it can also be used to write
> > non-interactive programs. The Octave language is quite similar to Matlab so
> > that most programs are easily portable. A full description of Octave

It works

> [...]
>> > http://octave.org/download as they become available.
>> >
>> > As always, many people contributed to this Octave release. A complete
>> > list
>> > of contributors may be found in the Octave manual.
>> >

>> > About Octave:
>> >
>> > GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for
>> > numerical computations. It provides capabilities for the numerical
>> > solution
>> > of linear and nonlinear problems and for performing other numerical
>> > experiments. It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data
>> > visualization and manipulation. Octave is normally used through its
>> > interactive command line interface, but it can also be used to write
>> > non-interactive programs. The Octave language is quite similar to Matlab
>> > so
>> > that most programs are easily portable. A full description of Octave

tmacchant
> From: John W. Eaton

> To: help-octave octave-maintainers
> Date: 2016/3/24, Thu 05:23
> Subject: GNU Octave 4.0.1 Released
>
>T he Octave developers are pleased to announce the release
> of GNU Octave, version 4.0.1.
>
> Octave 4.0.1 is a bug fixing release (see the list at
> http://octave.org/fixes-4-0-1.html).
>
> Octave 4.0, released in May 2015 was a major new version with many new features,
> including a graphical user interface, support for classdef object-oriented
> programming, better compatibility with Matlab, and many new and improved
> functions.
>
> An official Windows binary installer is also available from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows
>
> We hope you find Octave to be useful.  We could also use your help to make
> Octave even better for the future, and further improve the user experience for
> both novices and experts alike.
>
>   * If you are a skilled software developer, you can help by
>     contributing your time with Octave's development.
>     See http://octave.org/get-involved for more information.
>
>   * If Octave does not work properly, you are encouraged to report the
>     problems you find.  Bug reporting guidelines are available at
>     http://octave.org/bugs
>
>   * Your contributions help to make Octave better.  Please see
>     https://my.fsf.org/donate/working-together/octave
>
> Commercial support options are also available.  Please see
> http://octave.org/support for details.
>

> The source code for Octave 4.0.1 is available for download at:
>
>   http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>
> An installer for Windows systems is available for download at
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows
>
> Please see http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html for mirror sites around the world.
> Or you may use http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/octave, which will redirect
> automatically to a nearby mirror.
>
> Links to binary (executable) versions for various systems will be listed at
> http://octave.org/download as they become available.
>
> As always, many people contributed to this Octave release.  A complete list of
> contributors may be found in the Octave manual.
>

> About Octave:
>
> GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for
> numerical computations.  It provides capabilities for the numerical solution of
> linear and nonlinear problems and for performing other numerical experiments.
> It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data visualization and
> manipulation.  Octave is normally used through its interactive command line
> interface, but it can also be used to write non-interactive programs.  The
> Octave language is quite similar to Matlab so that most programs are easily
> portable.  A full description of Octave capabilities is available at
> http://octave.org/doc/interpreter

I have built octave-4.0.1 on Ubuntu-14.01 LTS 64 bit.

Build was fine.

  PASS     13058
  FAIL         0
  XFAIL       25