GNU Octave Discourse

siko1056
Dear all,

Today, I am happy to introduce "GNU Octave Discourse"

   https://octave.discourse.group

Discourse [1] is a free and open-source software forum software, that
should facilitate the communication with new users, but also developers.

Registering GNU Octave for a Discourse program for FOSS projects [2]
worked faster than I expected and the test phase for interested users
has started by now.

On the next online developer meeting, we can decide how useful this
forum is and if we want to continue using it.

Happy testing,
Kai

[1] https://www.discourse.org/
[2] https://free.discourse.group/

Re: GNU Octave Discourse

siko1056
On 6/25/20 7:10 PM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Today, I am happy to introduce "GNU Octave Discourse"
>
>    https://octave.discourse.group
>
> Discourse [1] is a free and open-source software forum software, that
> should facilitate the communication with new users, but also developers.
>
> Registering GNU Octave for a Discourse program for FOSS projects [2]
> worked faster than I expected and the test phase for interested users
> has started by now.
>
> On the next online developer meeting, we can decide how useful this
> forum is and if we want to continue using it.
>
> Happy testing,
> Kai

Some Discourse experience written down [3].  I want it =)

@jwe: will there be another online meeting, where I can answer questions
and discuss about using Discourse (5-10 minutes)?

Kai

[1] https://www.discourse.org/
[2] https://free.discourse.group/
[3]
https://octave.discourse.group/t/do-we-want-to-adopt-discourse/39?u=siko1056

Re: GNU Octave Discourse

On 6/29/20 3:26 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> @jwe: will there be another online meeting, where I can answer questions
> and discuss about using Discourse (5-10 minutes)?

Yes, I was hoping to hold them every 3-4 weeks.  How about having the
next one next week?

Re: GNU Octave Discourse

siko1056
On 6/30/20 3:41 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 6/29/20 3:26 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
>
>> @jwe: will there be another online meeting, where I can answer questions
>> and discuss about using Discourse (5-10 minutes)?
>
> Yes, I was hoping to hold them every 3-4 weeks.  How about having the
> next one next week?
>
> jwe

Sure, I would be very interested to join.  17:00 UTC seemed like a
suitable time for many participants.  For me it is middle of the night,
thus I am flexible with the date.

Maybe you just set the date and announce the meeting?

Kai