GSOC

Krishna Chandhok
Hi I’m Krishna chandhok currently pursuing Bachelor of engineering from BITS Pilani,India as a First year student. I would like to contribute to GNU Octave for GSoC'20, I have substantial knowledge of C, C++, Python for web development (Django Framework), I am familiar with HTML also . I have knowledge of data science and reinforcement  learning , Linux kernel.

On going through the project proposals, I found OCS package and project improving octave’s image IO interesting . So I had gone through the OCS Package like simple I/O , Odepkg, control ,etc .
I would love to work under the mentors viz Sebastian schöps, Carlo de Falco and Carnë Daruge

Thus I request the mentors to kindly guide me for the beginning processes.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna chandhok

Re: GSOC

nrjank

On going through the project proposals, I found OCS package and project improving octave’s image IO interesting . So I had gone through the OCS Package like simple I/O , Odepkg, control ,etc .
I would love to work under the mentors viz Sebastian schöps, Carlo de Falco and Carnë Daruge

Thus I request the mentors to kindly guide me for the beginning processes.

I will let them comment specifically on either this image or the other random number generation topic (is that separate form you GSOC interest or a parallel proposal area?)

but can we assume since you've looked over the project list that you've seen and worked through the "Things you'll be expected to know or quickly learn" section at https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started