[GSoC] An interested student with some questions

[GSoC] An interested student with some questions

Damjan Angelovski
Hi,
I'm Damjan Angelovski, an IT student from Skopje, Macedonia, and i am interested in working on Octave at this google summer of code. I have some questions:

1. Do i need to resend this email to [hidden email] or [hidden email]

2. Is working on packages at http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php (or other open source packages) a valid proposal for GSoC? From them i am mostly interested in nan, parallel, mvn, strings, geometry. Got some ideas on those.

3. From the proposed ideas I am mostly interested for the Numerical projects. What is the interest level on those, so i know on which to focus on?

4. I have read what there is to read. What is next? My guess is building the development version of Octave.
--
Damjan Angelovski
BEST Skopje

Ss. Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering

Re: [GSoC] An interested student with some questions

Nir Krakauer-2
Yes, please write the Maintainers list, not the Help one, for GSoC inquiries.​

Re: [GSoC] An interested student with some questions

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On Fri, 2016-03-18 at 00:58 +0100, Damjan Angelovski wrote:
> 1. Do i need to resend this email to [hidden email] or
> [hidden email]

GSoC discussions should be on the maintainers' mailing list, not the
help mailing list.

You're still in time to submit a GSoC application, but just barely.
The deadline is tomorrow.

- Jordi G. H.