GSoC Project Idea(Improve classdef support in Octave)

GSoC Project Idea(Improve classdef support in Octave)

oneironaut
Hello everybody,
This is Ayush. I have been looking into the idealist section of the Octave wikia getting page. In there we have a project which is related to porting Chebfun package to Octave and that requires fixing bugs related to classdef and from there I came to know about the missing features that is the features of classdef that are yet to implemented in Octave(but are already present in Matlab because the page gives reference to Matlab docs for more information about those features). I wanted to know how complex it would be as a task and can it be carried out as a GSOC project. Those 3 features are :
>enumerations
>events and listeners
>Property Validation Functions
I need to give estimated timeline for my tasks for the proposal of my project.
I want to know if this idea would be feasible for a GSoC project. Here is the link to my Octave user-wiki page: https://wiki.octave.org/User:Ayushd

Regards,
Ayush Dwivedi