GSoC project related to Chebfun package and improving classdef support in Octave

GSoC project related to Chebfun package and improving classdef support in Octave

oneironaut
Hello everybody,
This is Ayush. I recently joined the Octave project devel mailing list along with the bug tracker mailing list. I am a Computer Science and Engineering student with interest in Mathematics and computation. I have some experience with Matlab(m scripting) and have programmed mostly in C and C++. I was going through the getting started(to contribute) page of the Octave wikia. (I am creating my user wiki page as well). I found chebfun package project really interesting. Currently I have cloned into the chebfun branch provided and have started experimenting with it.(I have built Octave from source). It said knowledge of Theory of Approximation is needed as well. Some learning resources related to Mathematics and suggestions in general will be really helpful since I am just starting. For now I am trying to fix a bug(it was suggested as the best way to get started to contribution so).

Regards,
Ayush Dwivedi