GUI Translation update for 6.1 release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GUI Translation update for 6.1 release

Torsten Lilge
Dear Translators,

The translation files (libgui/languages/*.ts) of the GUI were updated
for the 6.1.0 release with changeset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/2b78bc0ef3c5

It would be very helpful for the upcoming 6.1.0 release if you could
check the files and add translations for new text strings. Please upload
the completed files at the related bug #57490 report
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?57490

Thank you very much,
Octave Maintainers


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUI Translation update for 6.1 release

EmmanuelBrandt
Not an Official maintainer but a native French Octave user I will check
the fr_FR.ts file and mail back any finding or bug

On 28/12/2019 01:27, Torsten Lilge wrote:

> Dear Translators,
>
> The translation files (libgui/languages/*.ts) of the GUI were updated
> for the 6.1.0 release with changeset
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/2b78bc0ef3c5
>
> It would be very helpful for the upcoming 6.1.0 release if you could
> check the files and add translations for new text strings. Please upload
> the completed files at the related bug #57490 report
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?57490
>
> Thank you very much,
> Octave Maintainers
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUI Translation update for 6.1 release

Pantxo
EmmanuelBrandt wrote
> Not an Official maintainer but a native French Octave user I will check
> the fr_FR.ts file and mail back any finding or bug
>
> On 28/12/2019 01:27, Torsten Lilge wrote:

Emmanuel,

For the latest Octave releases, I've been updating french translation.
Though, since I am not a GUI user, I often found myself translating strings
without any idea of their actual meaning/context, and this probably lead to
poor translations. I'll be very happy if you can take on this effort, do not
hesitate to ask for help (preferably ask in the dedicated bug report).

Pantxo



--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUI Translation update for 6.1 release

EmmanuelBrandt
Pantxo
Beeing new to th update process, please share the link to the file to update
and how I shall return it once corrected for review.
Let me also know if there is some process guide or work instruction for such
task I must be aware of.
Happy to contribute
tks
Emmanuel



--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUI Translation update for 6.1 release

Pantxo
EmmanuelBrandt wrote

> Pantxo
> Beeing new to th update process, please share the link to the file to
> update
> and how I shall return it once corrected for review.
> Let me also know if there is some process guide or work instruction for
> such
> task I must be aware of.
> Happy to contribute
> tks
> Emmanuel
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from:
> https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Basically the file to modify is the following:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/f658d41003e4/libgui/languages/fr_FR.ts

You'll need to have Qt's Linguist installed. Open, modify (the software is
pretty intuitive), save and post the modified file to

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?57490
 
Don't hesitate to also rephrase already translated strings if you deem it
useful.

Pantxo





--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html