GUi won't start

12

Re: Aw: GUi won't start

John Donoghue-3
On 10/11/2013 04:08 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Message: 7 Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 21:54:00 +0200 From: Philip Nienhuis
> <[hidden email]> To: Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> Cc:
> Octave Maintainers List <[hidden email]> Subject: Re:
> Aw: GUi won't start Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Nienhuis wrote:

I pushed the removal of -no-webkit change a couple of days ago for
mxe-octave
http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/db4c94cfc651
The only issue I have now is that the Qt build now takes 2x as long and
fails on my 8Gb RAM laptop when it runs out of memory :( Cross build
works fine though.

Re: Aw: GUi won't start

On 10/11/2013 08:44 PM, John Donoghue wrote:

> I pushed the removal of -no-webkit change a couple of days ago for
> mxe-octave
> http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/db4c94cfc651
> The only issue I have now is that the Qt build now takes 2x as long and
> fails on my 8Gb RAM laptop when it runs out of memory :( Cross build
> works fine though.

I undid the change that added the QWebKit dependency, so you can undo
the change to the qt.mk file in mxe-octave.

Re: Aw: GUi won't start

John Donoghue-3
On 10/11/2013 10:26 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 10/11/2013 08:44 PM, John Donoghue wrote:
>
>> I pushed the removal of -no-webkit change a couple of days ago for
>> mxe-octave
>> http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/db4c94cfc651
>> The only issue I have now is that the Qt build now takes 2x as long and
>> fails on my 8Gb RAM laptop when it runs out of memory :( Cross build
>> works fine though.
>
> I undid the change that added the QWebKit dependency, so you can undo
> the change to the qt.mk file in mxe-octave.
>
> jwe

Done - http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/33ab5eb4fed6

Re: GUi won't start

Richard Crozier
On 11/10/2013 22:41, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
> c. wrote:
>>
>> On 11 Oct 2013, at 22:13, "John W. Eaton"<[hidden email]>  wrote:

<snip>

>> while it is definitely too much for just the community news text,
>> it would be good to use html rendering for the help browser which would
>> allow displaying demo images and formulas in the docs ...
>
> Good idea. But there are counter arguments:
>
> I think for such functionality, Octave could invoke the locally
> installed default web browser as well.

> Philip

ML has a nice feature where you highlight a word, such as a function
name, in the editor, hit F1, and it opens a little mini browser window
positioned near where the word is which displays the help for that
function (if it's found). If it was desirable, this would be difficult
to replicate using a full browser window.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

12