Generalized hough transform help

Michael Mazur
I'm trying to find some general guidance (or direction towards existing Octave code) on writing a circle detection routine using the hough transform. I understand that there is linear hough transform code for Octave but I have yet to get it to work properly. Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael Mazur
Vigdelsvegen 523
4054 Tjelta
Norway

Re: Generalized hough transform help

Miquel Cabanas
check the sites below for some code,

http://web.media.mit.edu/~nathan/research/drowsiness.htm (the link to
the M-files does not work, contact the author). They say their code is
based on code from

http://www.ece.umn.edu/users/dpou/hw1-5.html (code available)

For general information check,

http://basic-eng.blogspot.com/2006/01/hough-transform-for-circle-detection.html
and related links therein (there's some code too), and

do a Google search on "circle hough transform", you probably don't have
to check each of the approximate 86,300 google finds...

Miquel

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 13:22 +0100, Michael Mazur wrote:

> I'm trying to find some general guidance (or direction towards
> existing Octave code) on writing a circle detection routine using the
> hough transform. I understand that there is linear hough transform
> code for Octave but I have yet to get it to work properly. Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Mazur
> Vigdelsvegen 523
> 4054 Tjelta
> Norway

Re: Generalized hough transform help

Søren Hauberg
Mike,
I have some old code for circle detection at
http://hauberg.org/share/files/hough_circle.m
It's GPL so you should feel free to use it. I can't remember how fast it
is, but I believe it should be useable. Let me know if you need help
with it.

/Søren

tor, 16 03 2006 kl. 13:22 +0100, skrev Michael Mazur:

> I'm trying to find some general guidance (or direction towards
> existing Octave code) on writing a circle detection routine using the
> hough transform. I understand that there is linear hough transform
> code for Octave but I have yet to get it to work properly. Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Mazur
> Vigdelsvegen 523
> 4054 Tjelta
> Norway

Re: Generalized hough transform help

Theresa Bullard
Mike,

I found a whole package of Computer Vision and Image Processing
routines that will work with Matlab on the following site

http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~pk/Research/MatlabFns/

I don't know if there is specifically a hough transform program for
circle detection but it is likely,

Let me know if you find anything because I am interested in similar
uses.

~Theresa

On Mar 16, 2006, at 4:22 AM, Michael Mazur wrote:

> I'm trying to find some general guidance (or direction towards
> existing Octave code) on writing a circle detection routine using the
> hough transform. I understand that there is linear hough transform
> code for Octave but I have yet to get it to work properly. Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Mazur
> Vigdelsvegen 523
> 4054 Tjelta
> Norway

Re: Generalized hough transform help

Stéfan van der Walt
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:22:59PM +0100, Michael Mazur wrote:
> I'm trying to find some general guidance (or direction towards existing Octave
> code) on writing a circle detection routine using the hough transform. I
> understand that there is linear hough transform code for Octave but I have yet
> to get it to work properly. Thanks,

Here is an example of how to use the straight-line Hough-transform:

 I = zeros(100, 150);
 I(30,:) = 1; I(:, 65) = 1; I(35:45, 35:50) = 1;
 for i = 1:90, I(i,i) = 1;endfor
 I = imnoise(I, 'salt & pepper');
 imshow(I);
 J = houghtf(I); J = J / max(J(:));