HELP-problems with OS/2-version of Octave

HELP-problems with OS/2-version of Octave

Bernt Nilsson
Hello all,

I have installed Octave/2 2.0.2 and I am having problems with the HELP command.

The usual

>> help foo

will only show the first line of help from any m-file.

Am I missing something obvious? This was certainly not the case with 1.1.1.

Thanks for any input on this!

Bernt Nilsson - [hidden email]

HELP-problems with OS/2-version of Octave

John W. Eaton-6
On 21-Feb-1997, Bernt Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I have installed Octave/2 2.0.2 and I am having problems with the
| HELP command. The usual
|
| >> help foo
|
| will only show the first line of help from any m-file.

I can't try the OS/2 port, but the help command seems to work
correctly for me on other systems.  Can you give a complete example of
an m-file that fails?

Re: HELP-problems with OS/2-version of Octave

root-132

 > I have installed Octave/2 2.0.2 and I am having problems with the HELP
 > command.
 >
 > The usual
 >
 > >> help foo
 >
 > will only show the first line of help from any m-file.
 >
 > Am I missing something obvious? This was certainly not the case with 1.1.1.
 >
 > Thanks for any input on this!

I'm unable to reproduce your problem. I tried help popen, help help, help svd,
help hilb, ... everything working fine. Could you send me an example, so that
i can reproduce it.

Thanks,
Klaus Gebhardt [TEAM OS/2]