Help needed to understand problems in STK with Octave 6.1.0

Help needed to understand problems in STK with Octave 6.1.0

jbect
Hi all,

There are many failing tests in STK with Octave 6.1, as reported in [1]
for Windows and (downstream) in [2] for Debian.

After some investigations, it seems to me that these failures are all
(or almost all ?) related to OOP-related regressions in Octave 6.1.0.

One of these regressions is described in [3, 4]: the dispatch mechanism
is broken when function handles are involved.

But there are other types of failures (type b and c in Comment #2 of
[1]) that I do not understand at all.  Some help would be much welcome.

@++
Julien

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59340
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59340>

[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=976206
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=976206>

[3] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59631
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59631>

[4] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59617
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59617>

Re: Help needed to understand problems in STK with Octave 6.1.0

Sébastien Villemot-2
Hi Julien,

Le lundi 07 décembre 2020 à 09:56 +0100, Julien Bect a écrit :

> There are many failing tests in STK with Octave 6.1, as reported in [1]
> for Windows and (downstream) in [2] for Debian.
>
> After some investigations, it seems to me that these failures are all
> (or almost all ?) related to OOP-related regressions in Octave 6.1.0.
>
> One of these regressions is described in [3, 4]: the dispatch mechanism
> is broken when function handles are involved.
>
> But there are other types of failures (type b and c in Comment #2 of
> [1]) that I do not understand at all.  Some help would be much welcome.
FWIW, I’ve reported a classdef-related regression that looks similar to
your “case b”:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59661

Best,

--