Help with keyboard

Rik-4
I'm looking for a little help from someone who has access to Matlab.

Could you run the attached script, tst_dbp2?

It will stop at line 6.  What is the prompt at that point?  Is it
"keyboard>" or "debug>" or something else?

Next type "tst_dbp2" which will stop again at the keyboard statement in
line 6.  What is the prompt now?

Type "dbstack".  What does it return?

Type "dbquit" and then "dbnext".  You should be at line 8 now.  What is the
prompt?

Thanks,
Rik

tst_dbp2.m (73 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Help with keyboard

flask
>> tst_dbp2
K>> dbstack
> In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
K>> dbquit
>> dbnext
Undefined function or variable 'dbnext'.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:13 AM Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm looking for a little help from someone who has access to Matlab.

Could you run the attached script, tst_dbp2?

It will stop at line 6.  What is the prompt at that point?  Is it
"keyboard>" or "debug>" or something else?

Next type "tst_dbp2" which will stop again at the keyboard statement in
line 6.  What is the prompt now?

Type "dbstack".  What does it return?

Type "dbquit" and then "dbnext".  You should be at line 8 now.  What is the
prompt?

Thanks,
Rik

Re: Help with keyboard

flask
Now matlab is confused:

>> KrugerPDOPAnalysis
Undefined function or variable 'Kruger'.

Error in KrugerPDOPAnalysis (line 21)
arr = Kruger;

21  arr = Kruger;
K>> tst_dbp2
dbstack
> In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
dbquit
dbnext
Undefined function or variable 'dbnext'.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:13 AM Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm looking for a little help from someone who has access to Matlab.

Could you run the attached script, tst_dbp2?

It will stop at line 6.  What is the prompt at that point?  Is it
"keyboard>" or "debug>" or something else?

Next type "tst_dbp2" which will stop again at the keyboard statement in
line 6.  What is the prompt now?

Type "dbstack".  What does it return?

Type "dbquit" and then "dbnext".  You should be at line 8 now.  What is the
prompt?

Thanks,
Rik

Re: Help with keyboard

On 7/23/19 1:21 PM, Clark Dunson wrote:
> Now matlab is confused:
>
>  >> KrugerPDOPAnalysis
> Undefined function or variable 'Kruger'.
>
> Error in KrugerPDOPAnalysis (line 21)
> arr = Kruger;

I don't know what might have caused that.

> 21  arr = Kruger;
> K>> tst_dbp2
> dbstack
>  > In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
> dbquit
> dbnext
> Undefined function or variable 'dbnext'.

In Octave, dbnext is an alias for dbstep.  I think Matlab only has dbstep.

Re: Help with keyboard

mmuetzel
Am Dienstag, 23. Juli 2019 um 19:44 Uhr schrieb "John W. Eaton":

> On 7/23/19 1:21 PM, Clark Dunson wrote:
> > Now matlab is confused:
> >
> >  >> KrugerPDOPAnalysis
> > Undefined function or variable 'Kruger'.
> >
> > Error in KrugerPDOPAnalysis (line 21)
> > arr = Kruger;
>
> I don't know what might have caused that.
>
> > 21  arr = Kruger;
> > dbstack
> >  > In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
> > dbquit
> > dbnext
> > Undefined function or variable 'dbnext'.
>
> In Octave, dbnext is an alias for dbstep.  I think Matlab only has dbstep.

I might be a little late to the show. But here is what I see in Matlab R2019a:

>> tst_dbp2
K>> tst_dbp2
K>> dbstack
> In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
  In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
K>> dbquit
K>> dbstep
8   y = 2;
K>> dbstack
> In tst_dbp2 (line 8)
K>> dbquit

Markus

Re: Help with keyboard

Rik-4
On 07/26/2019 08:36 AM, "Markus Mützel" wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 23. Juli 2019 um 19:44 Uhr schrieb "John W. Eaton":
>> On 7/23/19 1:21 PM, Clark Dunson wrote:
>>> Now matlab is confused:
>>>
>>>  >> KrugerPDOPAnalysis
>>> Undefined function or variable 'Kruger'.
>>>
>>> Error in KrugerPDOPAnalysis (line 21)
>>> arr = Kruger;
>> I don't know what might have caused that.
>>
>>> 21  arr = Kruger;
>>> dbstack
>>>  > In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
>>> dbquit
>>> dbnext
>>> Undefined function or variable 'dbnext'.
>> In Octave, dbnext is an alias for dbstep.  I think Matlab only has dbstep.
>>
> I might be a little late to the show. But here is what I see in Matlab R2019a:
>

>>> tst_dbp2
> K>> tst_dbp2
> K>> dbstack
>> In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
>   In tst_dbp2 (line 6)
> K>> dbquit
> K>> dbstep
> 8   y = 2;
> K>> dbstack
>> In tst_dbp2 (line 8)
> K>> dbquit

Markus,

So if I understand correctly, the prompt that Matlab uses when it enters
the debugger via the keyboard command is "K>>".

Is the regular debug prompt just ">>"?  For example, if you use "dbstop
tst_dbp2" to set a breakpoint and then run the script with "tst_dbp2" what
is the prompt?

--Rik

Re: Help with keyboard

nrjank

So if I understand correctly, the prompt that Matlab uses when it enters
the debugger via the keyboard command is "K>>".

Is the regular debug prompt just ">>"?  For example, if you use "dbstop
tst_dbp2" to set a breakpoint and then run the script with "tst_dbp2" what
is the prompt?

--Rik

just tested this, in 2019a I get a "K>>"   prompt no matter how i set the breakpoint. (manually setting it in the editor, using dbstop, or using 'keyboard')