Hilbert transform query

Lester Anderson
Hello,

I would like to compute the Hilbert transform along orthogonal axes
for a 2D matrix, but am not sure how one applies this in Octave.

Essentially, I want to calculate Hx and Hy, the Hilbert transform in
the X an Y directions respectively.

The matrix I have is square (as a test), with x(601) and Y(601). and
what I want to find is:

Hx = hilbert(grid - x direction)
Hy = hilbert(grid - y direction)

Any pointers would be helpful.

Lester

Re: Hilbert transform query

martin_helm
Am 09.02.2016 um 09:38 schrieb Lester Anderson:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to compute the Hilbert transform along orthogonal axes
> for a 2D matrix, but am not sure how one applies this in Octave.
>
> Essentially, I want to calculate Hx and Hy, the Hilbert transform in
> the X an Y directions respectively.
>
> The matrix I have is square (as a test), with x(601) and Y(601). and
> what I want to find is:
>
> Hx = hilbert(grid - x direction)
> Hy = hilbert(grid - y direction)
>
> Any pointers would be helpful.
>
> Lester

What is wrong with the answer you got on the scilab mailing list?

Re: Hilbert transform query

martin_helm
For those who want to know the actual state of the discussion: