How do I treat changesets in mxe-octave?

How do I treat changesets in mxe-octave?

tmacchant
Hello

This is a question that I made in the octave bug tracker.
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47614#comment15

I would like test John's patch.
However, I lack knowledge how I treat it.
My questions are:
1. bootstrap.conf : How do I reflect this in mxe build.
2. oct-syscalls.cc : Prepare stable-octave-1-xxxxx.patch (xxxx is a
temporal name here) that include corresponding patch file #36846
to oct-syscalls.cc.

Tatsuro

Re: How do I treat changesets in mxe-octave?

Mike Miller-4
On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 09:03:40 +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a question that I made in the octave bug tracker.
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47614#comment15

> I would like test John's patch.
> However, I lack knowledge how I treat it.
> My questions are:
> 1. bootstrap.conf : How do I reflect this in mxe build.
> 2. oct-syscalls.cc : Prepare stable-octave-1-xxxxx.patch (xxxx is a
> temporal name here) that include corresponding patch file #36846
> to oct-syscalls.cc.

Here's how I generated the patch:

  1. unpack an unmodified copy of octave-4.0.1
  2. copy these files from an hg clone of octave:
    * bootstrap
    * bootstrap.conf
    * etc/HACKING
  3. apply patches or make the desired changes
  4. run ./bootstrap --gnulib-srcdir=/path/to/a/git/clone/of/gnulib [1]
  5. delete the files copied in step 2, no longer needed
  6. build

I additionally restored a few libtool-related files [2] that had been
updated because I have a different version of libtool from jwe, and ran
autoreconf again. This resulted in the patch that I sent you on the
other thread.

[1]: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git
[2]: the files are build-aux/ltmain.sh, m4/libtool.m4, and m4/lt*.m4