How get I get immedaiate output froma script or function file

How get I get immedaiate output froma script or function file

Craig Earls-2
I have a fairly long job running that I would like to get some
intermediate results from, before it completes. It appears that under
2.0.2 the terminal output is cached until the script terminates. How can
I get immediate output from a running script?
Craig P Earls      [hidden email]
LT US Navy, MIT Ocean Engineering      [hidden email]

Re: How get I get immediate output froma script or function file

Craig Earls-2
John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 30-Jan-1997, Craig Earls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | I have a fairly long job running that I would like to get some
> | intermediate results from, before it completes. It appears that under
> | 2.0.2 the terminal output is cached until the script terminates. How can
> | I get immediate output from a running script?

Thanks to Marvin Vis, the answer was to use fflush(stdout) after each
piece of out put I wanted, thanks to every one for the assistance.
Craig P Earls      [hidden email]
LT US Navy, MIT Ocean Engineering      [hidden email]

Can't load library 'liboctinterp.so'

Guoqiang Lu
I installed the dynamically linked binary distribution (stripped). Now
it says can't load library 'liboctinterp.so' when I run octave.
Does this mean my system does not support dynamic linking?

I run Red Hat 4.0.

I successfuly compiled octave 2.0.1 on another machine running the same
linux distribution. But I got an huge (17M) octave binary. Does this
sound right? It runs perfect though.

Re: Can't load library 'liboctinterp.so'

Jim Van Zandt

>I installed the dynamically linked binary distribution (stripped). Now
>it says can't load library 'liboctinterp.so' when I run octave.
>Does this mean my system does not support dynamic linking?

ld.so probably doesn't know about the new library.  I suggest you
restart your machine.

                       - Jim Van Zandt