How to restore from octave-core?

0000-Admin(0000)-3

A user was attempting to plot a run which had gone for 24 hours. She
rec'd the msg: connection to external plotter lost. Try again. She
tried again and the readline interface locked up. C-c, C-q, C-\, none
worked. We sent a kill with the default arg of SIGTERM to the octave
process and it dumped to a file called octave-core.

So,
  1: how can we get this run loaded back in via octave-core?
  2: why were we losing the connection to the external plotter?

--
o============o  Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE)  to this address
 Legal Notice   is indication of your consent to pay me $120/hour for 1 hour

How to restore from octave-core?

John W. Eaton-6

:
: So,
:   1: how can we get this run loaded back in via octave-core?

The octave-core file is just the output of a save command.  After
starting Octave again,

  load ("octave-core");

should do it.

:   2: why were we losing the connection to the external plotter?

This message happens when the external gnuplot process dies.  If
that's not happening and you still get the message, please send a
complete bug report to [hidden email].

jwe