How to use mldivide for block sparse matrices on linear-algebra package

How to use mldivide for block sparse matrices on linear-algebra package

tmacchant
Related to the bug tracker below
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48085

I would like to use
mldivide for block sparse matrices on linear-algebra package

>> pkg load linear-algebra
>> pkg list

     linear-algebra *|   2.2.2 | ...\share\octave\packages\linear-algebra-2.2.2

But

>> help mldivide
'mldivide' is a built-in function from the file libinterp/corefcn/data.cc

How can I use mldivide and in linear-algebra package but not built in one?

Tatsuro

Re: How to use mldivide for block sparse matrices on linear-algebra package

Colin Macdonald-2
On 17/06/16 03:07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> help mldivide

help @blksparse/mldivide
help @kronprod/mldivide

Sorry if that is not a helpful response,
Colin

Re: How to use mldivide for block sparse matrices on linear-algebra package

tmacchant
> On 17/06/16 03:07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>>  help mldivide

> help @blksparse/mldivide
> help @kronprod/mldivide

> Sorry if that is not a helpful response,
> Colin

 Thanks for your help

> help @blksparse/mldivide
> help @kronprod/mldivide

give us information

However,

>> help @blksparse/mldivide
'@blksparse/mldivide' is the file C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.2-x64\share\octave\packages\linear-a
lgebra-2.2.2\@blksparse\mldivide.m

 -- Function File: mldivide (X, Y)
     Performs a left division with a block sparse matrix.  If X is a
     block sparse matrix, it must be either diagonal or triangular, and
     Y must be full.  If X is built-in sparse or full, Y is converted
     accordingly, then the built-in division is used.

If linear-algebra is loaded and X is triangular, is mldivide (X, Y) from linear-algebra
used instead built-in  mldivide?
If it is the case, can I confirm it?

Tatsuro

再編集 返信返信