How work the plot properties if errorbar is used?

How work the plot properties if errorbar is used?

islanzadi
Dear all

I try to plot data with errorbars like I did in the following example for the normal plot (but without the bars):
        plot(x,y,'-*r','markersize',1.2)
but if I write:
      errorbar(x,y,ly,uy,"~","-*r",'markersize',1.2)
I get an error message:
    error: Invalid call to __errplot__. Correct usage is:
    -- Function File: H = __errplot__ (FSTR,P, ...)

but I don't understand this message and I hope someone will help me
THANKS ;)

Ursina

Re: How work the plot properties if errorbar is used?

andy buckle
> I try to plot data with errorbars like I did in the following example for
> the normal plot (but without the bars):
>         plot(x,y,'-*r','markersize',1.2)
> but if I write:
>       errorbar(x,y,ly,uy,"~","-*r",'markersize',1.2)
> I get an error message:
>     error: Invalid call to __errplot__. Correct usage is:
>     -- Function File: H = __errplot__ (FSTR,P, ...)
>
> but I don't understand this message and I hope someone will help me
> THANKS ;)
>
> Ursina

How about

errorbar(...)
hold on
plot(...)

Then you can control the plot and errorbar styles separately. It
should be easier.

--
/* andy buckle */

Re: How work the plot properties if errorbar is used?

bpabbott
On Jan 31, 2011, at 4:43 PM, Sina Calmote <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all

I try to plot data with errorbars like I did in the following example for the normal plot (but without the bars):
        plot(x,y,'-*r','markersize',1.2)
but if I write:
      errorbar(x,y,ly,uy,"~","-*r",'markersize',1.2)
I get an error message:
    error: Invalid call to __errplot__. Correct usage is:
    -- Function File: H = __errplot__ (FSTR,P, ...)

but I don't understand this message and I hope someone will help me
THANKS ;)

Ursina

There should be *one* format spec per plot. Unfortunately, there is a bug in that prevents the format for both the line and error bars from being specified. This has been fixed in the developers sources.

The suggestion Andy gave should do what you want.

Ben

Re: How work the plot properties if errorbar is used?

tomgg
andy buckle wrote
How about

errorbar(...)
hold on
plot(...)
The problem I'm having is that the "errorbar" function draws rays between each of the data points. It's obvious that no one would ever want this; you want error bars at specified data points, not at (seemingly) random points on a horrible piecewise function! I'll try to find the "developer" files but I doubt they're public/easily accessible.

Cheers

Re: How work the plot properties if errorbar is used?

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 6 April 2011 05:56, tomgg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll try to find the "developer" files but I doubt they're
> public/easily accessible.

From the webpage:

     http://octave.org

If you click on "download" in the left sidebar, you get to

     http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

and if you scroll down to the bottom, you can find the link:

     http://www.octave.org/hg/octave

along with instructions of how to obtain them. So they're certainly
public. If the above instructions to find them seem convoluted,
perhaps we can modify the layout of the webpage to make them easier to
find.

I don't know if this will address your other concerns but at least
finding the sources should not have been difficult. Was it?

- Jordi G. H.