Hydra job fails since 2 weeks

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hydra job fails since 2 weeks

Andreas Weber-4
The last successful build was on 2015-01-28
(http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/octave-default/tarball#tabs-status), the
current tarball fails with

In file included from system/file-ops.cc:43:0:
../libgnu/tempname.h:55:32: error: expected ')' before 'try'
                          int (*try) (char *, void *));
                                ^
(http://hydra.nixos.org/build/19604760/log/tail-reload)

For me it seems like Hydra pulls a different gnulib version than hg
clone ... && ./bootstrap would into libgnu.

Here is the tempname.h hydra apparently is using:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/tempname.h;h=0df4381c6c5e8e5b5a5ae04d5d7a2fa8a8b57c7c;hb=HEAD

Shouldn't the hydra build use the same libgnu that we have in our repo?

-- Andy

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hydra job fails since 2 weeks

Mike Miller
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 13:45:22 +0100, Andreas Weber wrote:
> The last successful build was on 2015-01-28
> (http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/octave-default/tarball#tabs-status), the
> current tarball fails with
>
> In file included from system/file-ops.cc:43:0:
> ../libgnu/tempname.h:55:32: error: expected ')' before 'try'
>                           int (*try) (char *, void *));
>                                 ^
> (http://hydra.nixos.org/build/19604760/log/tail-reload)

Thanks for noticing. We didn't get an email because of the @octave.org
mailing list woes.

> For me it seems like Hydra pulls a different gnulib version than hg
> clone ... && ./bootstrap would into libgnu.
>
> Here is the tempname.h hydra apparently is using:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/tempname.h;h=0df4381c6c5e8e5b5a5ae04d5d7a2fa8a8b57c7c;hb=HEAD
>
> Shouldn't the hydra build use the same libgnu that we have in our repo?

It does use the latest gnulib as an external dependency rather than the
hg subrepo, that is correct. I have no opinion on whether it *should* or
not. In the meantime I'll see what this is about. You can always build
with an arbitrary gnulib by using

  ./bootstrap --gnulib-srcdir=/path/to/gnulib

in Octave.

--
mike

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hydra job fails since 2 weeks

Mike Miller
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:39:30 -0500, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 13:45:22 +0100, Andreas Weber wrote:
> > The last successful build was on 2015-01-28
> > (http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/octave-default/tarball#tabs-status), the
> > current tarball fails with
> >
> > In file included from system/file-ops.cc:43:0:
> > ../libgnu/tempname.h:55:32: error: expected ')' before 'try'
> >                           int (*try) (char *, void *));
> >                                 ^
> > (http://hydra.nixos.org/build/19604760/log/tail-reload)
>
> Thanks for noticing. We didn't get an email because of the @octave.org
> mailing list woes.

Ok, this error is simply because of the name in the prototype being
"try", which is a C++ keyword. We #include this file in an extern "C" {}
scope, but that doesn't seem to matter. I'll report to gnulib.

--
mike

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hydra job fails since 2 weeks

John W. Eaton
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mike Miller
On 02/17/2015 11:39 AM, Mike Miller wrote:

> Thanks for noticing. We didn't get an email because of the @octave.org
> mailing list woes.

If you haven't already, could you switch to using the @gnu.org list address?

Thanks,

jwe




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hydra job fails since 2 weeks

Mike Miller
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:53:39 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 02/17/2015 11:39 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>
> >Thanks for noticing. We didn't get an email because of the @octave.org
> >mailing list woes.
>
> If you haven't already, could you switch to using the @gnu.org list address?

Done:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hydra-recipes.git/commit/?id=d031d34be63b3b29f7ccf8af167395efd32517d7

And tested patch for this build failure sent to gnulib:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2015-02/msg00102.html

--
mike