I can not save images of graphs

gzmiky
Hi, I'm new!! I have downloaded Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2, from the link http://ignum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/octave/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.1%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/ (the file is 168M).

But, I have a prblem: I can not save images of graphs.

When I use the command commands:
saveas(h3,'fig2.ps','psc')
 or
print(.....)
, Octave crashes. You can Helpme?!?!?!

I need a simple explanation, as they are not very good with English

thanks

Re: I can not save images of graphs

bpabbott
Administrator

On May 27, 2012, at 4:53 AM, gzmiky wrote:

> Hi, I'm new!! I have downloaded Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2, from the link
> http://ignum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/octave/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.1%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/
> http://ignum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/octave/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.1%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/
> (the file is 168M).
>
> But, I have a prblem: *I can not save images of graphs.*
>
> When I use the command commands: or
> , Octave crashes. You can Helpme?!?!?!
>
> I need a simple explanation, as they are not very good with English
>
> thanks

Type "help print" at Octave's command line.

Ben

Re: I can not save images of graphs

gzmiky
Hi, Ben!
I use correctly the functions print and saveas, thi is not the problem. Instead I think the problem is my pc... I have windows 7, 64bit.... but is not updated. I need of any particular update??? I tried octave 3.4 and 3.2... both crashing when i used the function print or saveas. The crash of octave occurs only i use "print" or "saveas" with "surf or "mesh", if I use "plot" and "print" or "saveas" octave do not crash... can you help me please??

Re: I can not save images of graphs

martin_helm
Am 28.05.2012 20:53, schrieb gzmiky:

> Hi, Ben!
> I use correctly the functions print and saveas, thi is not the problem.
> Instead I think the problem is my pc... I have windows 7, 64bit.... but is
> not updated. I need of any particular update??? I tried octave 3.4 and
> 3.2... both crashing when i used the function print or saveas. The crash of
> octave occurs only i use "print" or "saveas" with "surf or "mesh", if I use
> "plot" and "print" or "saveas" octave do not crash... can you help me
> please??

Just to see if it has anything to do with the graphics toolkit you are
using (I think the windows version has fltk as default) can you try
gnuplot as backend.
As the very first statement after you start octave and before doing
anything else try

graphics_toolkit gnuplot

then repeat your statements which lead to the crash, is it still crashing?

On May 28, 2012, at 2:53 PM, gzmiky wrote:

> Hi, Ben!
> I use correctly the functions print and saveas, thi is not the problem.
> Instead I think the problem is my pc... I have windows 7, 64bit.... but is
> not updated. I need of any particular update??? I tried octave 3.4 and
> 3.2... both crashing when i used the function print or saveas. The crash of
> octave occurs only i use "print" or "saveas" with "surf or "mesh", if I use
> "plot" and "print" or "saveas" octave do not crash... can you help me
> please??

I don't use Octave on Windows, so I won't be any help.

Hopefully, someone who does will respond.

Ben

Re: I can not save images of graphs

gzmiky
Yes With Ubuntu everything is perfect, anyway thk Ben!! la speranza รจ l'ultima a morire (Hope is the last to die)!!!

hi martin! Yes, in windows version has fltk as default!!! NOW OCTAVE DON'T CRASH!! infinite thanks and again thanks

Am 29.05.2012 22:10, schrieb gzmiky:
> hi martin! Yes, in windows version has fltk as default!!! NOW OCTAVE DON'T
> CRASH!! infinite thanks and again thanks

Of course it should also not crash with fltk, since I do not use windows
with octave (except some testing sometimes), I do not know the root cause.
Let's hope a windows programmer can shed some light on it, at least you
have a workaround now by using the gnuplot backend.