IDADENSE linear solver

Vikram Garg
Hello,
         I am trying to use the ode15i function. This needs the sundials library. On configuring with options to point to sundials libraries, I get the following warning:

configure: WARNING: KLU library not found.  This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library does not include the IDADENSE linear solver, ode15i and ode15s will be disabled
configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with IDAKLU, ode15i and ode15s will not support the sparse Jacobian feature

I have looked around online for a resolution to this issue and have not found a usable solution. I am getting sundials by cloning from their git repository, and am configuring with the octave-5.2.0 configure script.

Thanks.

Re: IDADENSE linear solver

siko1056
On 3/8/20 4:16 AM, Vikram Garg wrote:

> Hello,
>          I am trying to use the ode15i function. This needs the sundials
> library. On configuring with options to point to sundials libraries, I
> get the following warning:
>
> configure: WARNING: KLU library not found.  This will result in some
> lack of functionality for sparse matrices.
> *configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library does not include the IDADENSE
> linear solver, ode15i and ode15s will be disabled*
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not configured with IDAKLU,
> ode15i and ode15s will not support the sparse Jacobian feature
>
> I have looked around online for a resolution to this issue and have not
> found a usable solution. I am getting sundials by cloning from their git
> repository, and am configuring with the octave-5.2.0 configure script.
>
> Thanks.
> Vikram Garg

You probably have to compile Sundials 2.7.0 on you system before
compiling Octave 5.2.0 to detect KLU properly.  A good example how to
compile Sundials, especially which options are necessary, is given in
the MXE repository [1,2].

HTH,
Kai

[1]