Image acquisition package

saikat chakraborty
I am a student and I am  trying to download  the  image acquisition  package  but everytime  I  get a
error message : after  writing the command  "pkg install -forge image-acquisition" I get this
 error:
configure: error: unable to find the v4l2_open() function
configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for mkoctfile... yes
checking for fltk-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/fltk-config
checking for v4l2_open in -lv4l2... no

pkg: error running the configure script for image-acquisition.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 82 column 9
    install at line 184 column 7
    pkg at line 441 column 9

please  help

Re: Image acquisition package

siko1056
On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:55 AM saikat chakraborty
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am a student and I am  trying to download  the  image acquisition  package  but everytime  I  get a
> error message : after  writing the command  "pkg install -forge image-acquisition" I get this
>  error:
> configure: error: unable to find the v4l2_open() function
> configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
> checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe
> checking for suffix of executables... .exe
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking for mkoctfile... yes
> checking for fltk-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/fltk-config
> checking for v4l2_open in -lv4l2... no
>
> pkg: error running the configure script for image-acquisition.
> error: called from
>     configure_make at line 82 column 9
>     install at line 184 column 7
>     pkg at line 441 column 9
>

> please  help

I assume you are trying to install that package on a MS Windows PC
running Octave?

Please mind the notice hidden in the wiki
https://wiki.octave.org/Image_acquisition_package

   "image-acquisition will not work on Windows as far as there is not
port of v4l2 (standing for Video for Linux 2)"

Best regards,
Kai

Re: Image acquisition package

Andreas Weber-6
Am 27.05.19 um 08:55 schrieb Kai Torben Ohlhus:
> Please mind the notice hidden in the wiki

Hm, it's also in the DESCRIPTION:
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/image-acquisition/ci/fd50e907b5fdcaabe16031e604382f716f43b7e6/tree/DESCRIPTION?diff=a4b904009322facfd3d681de697847e5ff49cf1d

I thought there was a release but...

-- Andy