Image package installation problem

Spiros Savvas
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a problem with the image package installation. I type on the command prompt the command:  pkg install image-2.4.1.tar.gz (I tried also with 2.4.0 version) but nothing happens even if i leave it to run for many hours. The package finally is not installed...

For your information, I have just completed successfully the installation of control and signal package with the same way.

As I need it asap, could you please help me with that issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Spiros

Re: Image package installation problem

nrjank
On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Spiros Savvas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a problem with the image package installation. I type on the command prompt the command:  pkg install image-2.4.1.tar.gz (I tried also with 2.4.0 version) but nothing happens even if i leave it to run for many hours. The package finally is not installed...

For your information, I have just completed successfully the installation of control and signal package with the same way.

As I need it asap, could you please help me with that issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Spiros

What is your operating system, and what version of Octave are you running?  (You can run the ver command and copy the output into a reply to this list)

What exactly happens after you try the pkg install command for image?  Since you said you did it successfully for the other packages, I assume the problem is not with location of the install file.  Still if you have a network connection, you could try:

>> pkg install -forge image

that will try to download and install the latest version of the image package. If it doesn't work can you copy/paste whatever messages come up after you enter that command?

also, please make sure to "Reply All" so that the whole list gets the message.

Nick J.

Re: Image package installation problem

Spiros Savvas
Hello Nicholas,

thank you a lot for your instant response.

Finally I read carefully the readme file and I installed packages already downloaded including image with the command  "build_packages.m".

Thank you!!!

Regards,
Spiros