Informations

Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto

Hi, I would like to know if GNU Octave can export the solutions of my program, and what form is it?

I'm creating another program in NODE-RED and I would like to use the results of my GNU program.

Thanks for the attention.

Best Regards

--
Att. Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto

Re: Informations

Doug Stewart-4

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:30 AM Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I would like to know if GNU Octave can export the solutions of my program, and what form is it?

I'm creating another program in NODE-RED and I would like to use the results of my GNU program.

Thanks for the attention.

Best Regards

--
Att. Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto

If you want to save data, then yes it can.
help save
help fwrite
etc
--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Informations

nrjank
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:30 AM Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I would like to know if GNU Octave can export the solutions of my program, and what form is it?

 what sort of data is contained in your 'solutions'?  Octave is a coding/scripting language with a number of options for saving data and writing output files, largely limited just by your ability to code an acceptable output format.  If you can provide a bit more information about what you would like your output to look like, we may be able to point you in the right direction.

I recommend you start with the section of the Octave Help documentation on inputs/outputs, mainly useful for saving variables and reading/creating arbitrary text files:

the io package can also provide some other data formats, including spreadsheets:

Re: Informations

nrjank
**please Reply All to always include the list, as I may not always have all answers **

Hello Nicholas.
My output needs to be a protocol of type http, mqtt or something of the type, so that I can use as input on node-red.

 ok. look at the functions available in the IO toolbox.  you can always use the c-style file outputs to manually create text files containing whatever mark-up language is needed, but there may already be some higher level functions to make that easier.

Re: Informations

Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto
Hello Nicholas.
My output needs to be a protocol of type http, mqtt or something of the type, so that I can use as input on node-red. Thanks for the help.

Em sex, 12 de jul de 2019 às 11:22, Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> escreveu:
[...]

Mike Miller-4
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:57:56 -0300, Andrés Heemann Pereira Neto wrote:
> My output needs to be a protocol of type http, mqtt or something of the
> type, so that I can use as input on node-red. Thanks for the help.

It looks to me like you'll want to use the "webwrite" function in Octave
to send a HTTP POST to an API endpoint. This function is only available
in Octave version 6, which hasn't been released yet. If you are willing
to use the bleeding edge, you can try that. If not, you can have Octave
shell out to a curl command line with the "system" function.