Introduction.

Akhil Kumar
Akhil Kumar GSoc20 Aspirant

Hello, My name is Akhil Kumar and I am a 2nd-year BTech student at U.i.E.T, M.D.U.

My technical knowledge includes flutter, dart, c++,python,Html, CSS, Mysql,data structures . My projects includes two applications based on flutter which are soon to be published on appstore and playstore as well, they will be used by real industries as they were built on demand, and some other applications that i made during learning fluter.

I am very much interested to participate in GSoC 2020. The main reason for doing GSoC is to get exposure to the developer's world and to work with new people.

I am looking forward to work under ZNU Octave and I loved the project ideas list, I am confident about my mathematics skills and a fair knowledge of c++ . I tried to join the chat group on freenode but its showing some error. I want to know how can I contact with you guys and submit a successful proposal.

Thanks and Regards,

Akhil Kumar

Re: Introduction.

nrjank
On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:36 AM Akhil Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Akhil Kumar GSoc20 Aspirant

Hello, My name is Akhil Kumar and I am a 2nd-year BTech student at U.i.E.T, M.D.U.

Welcome, glad to hear you're interested!

My technical knowledge includes flutter, dart, c++,python,Html, CSS, Mysql,data structures . My projects includes two applications based on flutter which are soon to be published on appstore and playstore as well, they will be used by real industries as they were built on demand, and some other applications that i made during learning fluter.

Not completely necessary, but do you already have familiarity with Octave or Matlab?

I am looking forward to work under ZNU Octave and I loved the project ideas list, I am confident about my mathematics skills and a fair knowledge of c++ .

Not sure what the Z link is, but it's GNU Octave :)  You've seen the project list [1], have you seen Getting Started recommendations [2]?  Are you familiar with version control systems and Mercurial?  have you or can you set up a cloned Octave source code to work on?

After ensuring you're prepared to work on the Octave code base, we normally ask the prospective students to try tackling a bug or missing function to get used to the contribution process. That's not mandatory, and we're only 10 days away from the proposal deadline, but showing competence, interest, and willingness to work with the developer as a community and with our workflow is important.  So, best effort there.  it would make sense to reach out to the mailing list regarding a specific project you're interested in.

I tried to join the chat group on freenode but its showing some error. I want to know how can I contact with you guys and submit a successful proposal.

I'm personally don't use IRC, but many others do, so I can't help there.

 Follow the details on the wiki, and reach out regarding a specific project suggestion, or one of your own. If it's based on existing an bug report, you can likely identify the right people to contact from that report.

good luck!

Nick J.