Is it possible to export Function file to dll?

Is it possible to export Function file to dll?

Sam93
If I'm having a function file, would be possible that I can export that file
into a dll and then be able to attach and add this file into .Net solution
and call this function? If that is not possible is there is a way around
that?

Re: Is it possible to export Function file to dll?

Doug Stewart-4

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 3:18 PM Sam93 <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I'm having a function file, would be possible that I can export that file
into a dll and then be able to attach and add this file into .Net solution
and call this function? If that is not possible is there is a way around
that?

The short answer is   no

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Is it possible to export Function file to dll?

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 09:32:57 -0500, Sam93 wrote:
> If I'm having a function file, would be possible that I can export that file
> into a dll and then be able to attach and add this file into .Net solution
> and call this function? If that is not possible is there is a way around
> that?

In order to call a function file, your program would need to embed and
instantiate the Octave interpreter. See for example

  https://www.octave.org/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html

The Octave interpreter is loadable via C++ shared / dynamic library.
Keep in mind that any program that loads the Octave interpreter this way
is a derivative work and must be distributed under the terms of the GPL.

Hope that helps,