Is there function in octave that is equivalent to the read function in matlab

Is there function in octave that is equivalent to the read function in matlab

Paul Carlin
Hi,

I'm new to both matlab and octave.

Can you recommend a proper approach in octave that would be equivalent to
the following read function from matlab?

h = read(rfdata.data, filename)

Thanks very much for all your help.

-Paul

Re: Is there function in octave that is equivalent to the read function in matlab

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Paul Carlin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to both matlab and octave.
>
> Can you recommend a proper approach in octave that would be equivalent to
> the following read function from matlab?
>
> h = read(rfdata.data, filename)
>
> Thanks very much for all your help.
>
> -Paul

Paul,

Welcome!

There are several read functions in matlab. Maybe if you tell us what
you want to accomplish then we can tell you what are the options
available?
Are yopu trying to read a file?
Are you trying to read a frame from a video file?
What is rfdata.data?
etc...

Re: Is there function in octave that is equivalent to the read function in matlab

Paul Carlin
Thanks very much for your response, Juan.

I'm wanting to read the contents of a touchstone file, (S-parameter NxN
Matix with frequency points)
into octal in a similar way that the matlab RF toolbox read function works
with the rdata.data
object type.

Is there an equivalent function in octave, or, would I need to create from
scratch?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Paul Carlin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to both matlab and octave.
>
> Can you recommend a proper approach in octave that would be equivalent
> to the following read function from matlab?
>
> h = read(rfdata.data, filename)
>
> Thanks very much for all your help.
>
> -Paul

Paul,

Welcome!

There are several read functions in matlab. Maybe if you tell us what you
want to accomplish then we can tell you what are the options available?
Are yopu trying to read a file?
Are you trying to read a frame from a video file?
What is rfdata.data?
etc...

Re: Is there function in octave that is equivalent to the read function in matlab

Paul Carlin
Oh, and...

I'm not entirely sure what rfdata.data is, except I believe that it somehow
specifies the
format or type data that is being read. In my case a touchstone file, but I
think other
data files could be processed by this as well.

Here is a link to the read help page on the matlab site
http://www.mathworks.com/help/rf/read.html