Local Macro Path

Habibie Sumargo
Dear Sirs,

I am using octave-2.0 on a Linux platform.  I trid to setup this octave
for all users.  I am wondering if there is a way to tell octave where the
users' local macro files are located.  For instance, if I create a macro
file for octave and store it under ~/octave/test.m, how can I have octave
pointed to this file when I invoke octave?

Thank you.

Local Macro Path

John W. Eaton-6
On 11-Feb-1997, Habibie Sumargo <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I am using octave-2.0 on a Linux platform.  I trid to setup this octave
| for all users.  I am wondering if there is a way to tell octave where the
| users' local macro files are located.  For instance, if I create a macro
| file for octave and store it under ~/octave/test.m, how can I have octave
| pointed to this file when I invoke octave?

If you want Octave to search ~/octave before the standard path:

  LOADPATH = "~/octave:";

If you want Octave to search ~/octave after the standard path:

  LOADPATH = ":~/octave";

jwe