Looking for Vibration analysis tools

Terry Duell
Hullo All,
Are there any vibration analysis tools available for Octave? My searches
thus far haven't turned up anything.
I am particularly looking for a tool to calculate Vibration Dose value
 from an acceleration-time history.
Any help gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
Terry Duell

Re: Looking for Vibration analysis tools

David Bateman-3
Terry Duell wrote:
> Hullo All,
> Are there any vibration analysis tools available for Octave? My searches
> thus far haven't turned up anything.
> I am particularly looking for a tool to calculate Vibration Dose value
>  from an acceleration-time history.
> Any help gratefully accepted.
>
> Cheers,

Anything for matlab that doesn't use simulink should work with Octave..
So try

http://www.google.com/search?q=vibration+analysis+matlab

and pick one that meets your needs..

Cheers
David

Motorola Labs - Paris                        +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE                  +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

RE: Looking for Vibration analysis tools

Sven-Erik Tiberg
Hi

If you are looking for calculating Vibration dose from one or more time
signal(s) with farily low crest factor, I would go for a normal DFT with
rms ( rmq if crest > 7 ) and add dft result and multiply by a filer like
stated for 2631. No need for simulink / modelica on this.
Not: Griffins book on vibration are a source of many tips.

/Sven-Erik Tiberg
Lulea Univ. Of Technology