Looking for a constrained optimizer

Colin Telmer-2
I am looking for any type (simplex, gradient based, etc.) of constrained
min/max rountine for octave. I have found a couple of uncontrained
packages, but don't have the time to modify them. Any help is gratefully
appreciated. Cheers, Colin.

--
Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Looking for a constrained optimizer

James A. Tzitzouris
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Colin Telmer wrote:

> I am looking for any type (simplex, gradient based, etc.) of constrained
> min/max rountine for octave. I have found a couple of uncontrained
> packages, but don't have the time to modify them. Any help is gratefully
> appreciated. Cheers, Colin.

Could you be more specific:  i.e., Linear, quadratic, convex, nonlinear
constrained optimization?

James Tzitzouris
Doctoral Candidate -- Operations Research
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Johns Hopkins University

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, James A. Tzitzouris wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Colin Telmer wrote:
>
> > I am looking for any type (simplex, gradient based, etc.) of constrained
> > min/max rountine for octave. I have found a couple of uncontrained
> > packages, but don't have the time to modify them. Any help is gratefully
> > appreciated. Cheers, Colin.
> >

> Could you be more specific:  i.e., Linear, quadratic, convex, nonlinear
> constrained optimization?

Sorry - I did that on the way out of my office. I am trying to wean some
colleagues off Matlab and they need a nonlinear constrained optimizer for
a particular problem they are working on. Any suggestions? Thanks, Colin.