ML plot comparison

Rik-4
I took a look at ML-generated plots at
https://josoansi.de/octave_plot_compare/.  The tick marks for 2-D plots
seem overly large in all plots.  Is it possible that DefaultAxesTicklength
was set to something other than [.01, .025]?  If this turns out to be
correct, I think the whole series of plots should be re-generated after
first ensuring that no other default graphic properties have been set.

--Rik

Re: ML plot comparison

nrjank
On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 6:32 PM Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
I took a look at ML-generated plots at
https://josoansi.de/octave_plot_compare/.  The tick marks for 2-D plots
seem overly large in all plots.  Is it possible that DefaultAxesTicklength
was set to something other than [.01, .025]?  If this turns out to be
correct, I think the whole series of plots should be re-generated after
first ensuring that no other default graphic properties have been set.

--Rik

on the matlab computer I used to generate the plots:

>> get(groot,'DefaultAxesTicklength')
ans =
    0.0280    0.0250

I've never knowingly made any manual changes to this property, so , not sure how it was set to 0.028. just reset with

>> set(groot,'DefaultAxesTicklength','factory')
>> get(groot,'DefaultAxesTicklength')
ans =
    0.0100    0.0250

and re-ran the test script.  so somewhere in the script it sets the default and doesn't change it back.  haven't stepped through yet to find that spot.

Re: ML plot comparison

Rik-4
On 01/07/2020 07:53 PM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 6:32 PM Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
I took a look at ML-generated plots at
https://josoansi.de/octave_plot_compare/.  The tick marks for 2-D plots
seem overly large in all plots.  Is it possible that DefaultAxesTicklength
was set to something other than [.01, .025]?  If this turns out to be
correct, I think the whole series of plots should be re-generated after
first ensuring that no other default graphic properties have been set.

--Rik

on the matlab computer I used to generate the plots:

>> get(groot,'DefaultAxesTicklength')
ans =
    0.0280    0.0250

I've never knowingly made any manual changes to this property, so , not sure how it was set to 0.028. just reset with

>> set(groot,'DefaultAxesTicklength','factory')
>> get(groot,'DefaultAxesTicklength')
ans =
    0.0100    0.0250

and re-ran the test script.  so somewhere in the script it sets the default and doesn't change it back.  haven't stepped through yet to find that spot.

I don't think there's anything in the plot_demos script that would do this.  The script, when run on Octave, doesn't seem to change the DefaultAxesTickLength or that would show up in the plots.

Maybe there is a file startup.m somewhere on your path that Matlab is sourcing when the interpreter is started?  Or there may be another preferences file maintained by the Matlab GUI.

--Rik