MkLinux. So close, yet...

Paul Bergman
I have gotten Octave 2.0.2 to compile and to run (sort of) on MkLinux.

The problem I am having is described by the following symptoms:

x = +1;                 // Works
x = -1;                 // Octave exits with no error message
x = [1, 2, 3, 4];       // Octave exits with no error message
x = [1, 2, 3, 4*pi/pi]; // Works

I used xxgdb and found the problem occuring somewhere in yyinput();

I started Octave with "octave -d" and compared "x = +1;" with
"x = -1;".  The only difference was after evaluating "x = -1;" I got
the following:

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Ending lines of output from Octave after typing in x = -1;
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: MkLinux. So close, yet...

Dave Comer-2
Paul,

What version of gcc, binutils, libg++, libm,  and Linux kernel are you
using? Not sure I can be of help but this is very important to
understanding your problem. Also, what command line did you use
to compile octave. The reason I ask is I have a similar problem
that exhibits itself when I compile with the "--enable-lite" switch.

Regards,

Dave Comer

Paul Bergman wrote:

> I have gotten Octave 2.0.2 to compile and to run (sort of) on MkLinux.
>
> The problem I am having is described by the following symptoms:
>
> x = +1;                 // Works
> x = -1;                 // Octave exits with no error message
> x = [1, 2, 3, 4];       // Octave exits with no error message
> x = [1, 2, 3, 4*pi/pi]; // Works
>
> I used xxgdb and found the problem occuring somewhere in yyinput();
>
> I started Octave with "octave -d" and compared "x = +1;" with
> "x = -1;".  The only difference was after evaluating "x = -1;" I got
> the following:

> //Ending lines of output from Octave after typing in x = -1;

David M. Comer (KC5QNU)
Senior Test Engineer
Mass Storage Group
Philips Semiconductors