Moose etc dependencies for Forge package doco tools

Moose etc dependencies for Forge package doco tools

apjanke-floss
Hi, Octave Forge package maintainers,

I've been working on an improved doco-generation script for my Octave
packages (like Tablicious and Packajoozle) that builds QHelp files for
the GUI Help browser and a couple other tweaks. I'd like to be able to
contribute it to other Octave Forge packages eventually.

Its Perl code uses Moose and a few other CPAN libraries:

* Moose
* Data::Dumper
* Date::Parse
* Text::Wrap
* IPC:Open3

Do you care about the added Moose dependency? (The old package doco
scripts didn't use OOP.) That one I could take out and just use base
Perl OOP stuff. But Moose is easy enough to install from CPAN, and these
Perl libs only need to be installed on package developer machines, not
end user machines. The other modules besides Moose will be required
regardless, so you may have to do some CPAN installs anyway even if it
weren't using Moose.

You can see the new code here if you're curious:
https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/tree/master/doc

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Moose etc dependencies for Forge package doco tools

Rik-4
On 10/18/2019 11:16 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
Subject:
Moose etc dependencies for Forge package doco tools
From:
Andrew Janke [hidden email]
Date:
10/18/2019 03:09 PM
To:
[hidden email]
7bit
Message:
1

* Data::Dumper
* Date::Parse
* Text::Wrap
* IPC:Open3

Do you care about the added Moose dependency? (The old package doco scripts didn't use OOP.) That one I could take out and just use base Perl OOP stuff. But Moose is easy enough to install from CPAN, and these Perl libs only need to be installed on package developer machines, not end user machines. The other modules besides Moose will be required regardless, so you may have to do some CPAN installs anyway even if it weren't using Moose.

You can see the new code here if you're curious:
https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/tree/master/doc

Cheers,
Andrew

You don't seem to have gotten an answer, so I'll give my opinion.  Moose is practically core for Perl programmers who do more than trivial OOP, so I wouldn't be bothered if a developer needed to install it.

--Rik