Multi-dimensional matrices

Stefan Mueller-5
Hi there!

I'd like to be able to use multidimensional matrices
like A(1,1,1) or A(1,1,1,1) which would refer
to a three (four) dimensional matrice.

Is there any way to do such operations?

Thanks for helping,
      S. Mueller

Stefan Mueller
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
AG fuer numerische Methoden in der Mechanik
   und Simulationstechnik
44780 Bochum
Germany

Fax:   +49-234-7094-488
Phone: +49-234-700-5887

Multi-dimensional matrices

John W. Eaton-6
On 27-Jun-1997, Stefan Mueller <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I'd like to be able to use multidimensional matrices
| like A(1,1,1) or A(1,1,1,1) which would refer
| to a three (four) dimensional matrice.
|
| Is there any way to do such operations?

No, Octave doesn't support arrays with more than two dimensions.

Support for multidimensional arrays is listed in the current PROJECTS
file and some work is being done, but I don't know when or if it will
appear in an Octave release.  If you're interested in working on this
or other projects for Octave, please contact me.