No response of Octave GUI (MacOS Big Sur)

No response of Octave GUI (MacOS Big Sur)

Smith James

Greetings,

After updating MacOS to BigSur, then open Octave to work. However, I cannot open it, and it does not respond. Then I reinstalled the octave several times (it takes a long time to download), the octave still does not work, it does not respond, and there is no prompt! I can't do anything. Please fix it. In addition, before I upgraded MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1, the previous version of MacOS can use Octave, but the software always crashes. It always has no response. I have contacted Apple and they asked me to ask the developers of Octave to fix it.

Best,
Smith

Re: No response of Octave GUI (MacOS Big Sur)

mmuetzel
Am 25. November 2020 um 06:01 Uhr schrieb "Smith James":
> Greetings,
>
> After updating MacOS to BigSur, then open Octave to work. However, I cannot open it, and it does not respond. Then I reinstalled the octave several times (it takes a long time to download), the octave still does not work, it does not respond, and there is no prompt! I can't do anything. Please fix it. In addition, before I upgraded MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1, the previous version of MacOS can use Octave, but the software always crashes. It always has no response. I have contacted Apple and they asked me to ask the developers of Octave to fix it.

> Best,
> Smith

I don't use a Mac myself. But I read that the release candidate for Octave 6 runs more stable also on Big Sur.
See also this forum thread:
https://octave.discourse.group/t/octave-5-2-0-gui-not-running-on-macos-big-sur-11-0-1/407/5

HTH,
Markus

Am 25. November 2020 um 18:22 Uhr schrieb "Smith James":
> Oh my god thank you very much.
> The website you shared is really helpful.
> 6.0.90 rc1 is operating normally
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Best,
> Smith

I'm glad that helped.
Also CC'ing the mailing list for completeness.

Markus