Obsolete files

John Swensen
Is there a reason the Announce file is still in the toplevel
directory?  I looked inside it and it talks about Octave 2.0.11.
Should it either be removed or updated?  Is that information contained
in one of the other files?

John

Re: Obsolete files

David Bateman-2
John Swensen wrote:
> Is there a reason the Announce file is still in the toplevel
> directory?  I looked inside it and it talks about Octave 2.0.11.
> Should it either be removed or updated?  Is that information contained
> in one of the other files?
>
> John

Unless there is a reason to keep it I'd say to remove the "Announce" and
"THANKS" file, which is duplicated in doc/interpreter/preface.txi

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)

Re: Obsolete files

On 29-Nov-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| John Swensen wrote:
| > Is there a reason the Announce file is still in the toplevel
| > directory?  I looked inside it and it talks about Octave 2.0.11.
| > Should it either be removed or updated?  Is that information contained
| > in one of the other files?
| >
| > John
| >
| Unless there is a reason to keep it I'd say to remove the "Announce" and
| "THANKS" file, which is duplicated in doc/interpreter/preface.txi

I removed them.