Ocatve image acquisition on windows 10

Nkosiphile Bhebhe

Good day,

I would like to use a CCD camera for image acquisition direct from octave. However, I cannot seem to connect to the camera as the following error below keeps coming up. I tried downloading the forge image-acquisition but it seems this will not work for windows. Do have anything that can work for windows 10 OS as I do not have access to a linux computer?

pkg install -forge image-acquisition

configure: error: unable to find the v4l2_open() function

configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site

checking for g++... g++

checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes

checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe

checking for suffix of executables... .exe

checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

checking for mkoctfile... yes

checking for fltk-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/fltk-config

checking for v4l2_open in -lv4l2... no

pkg: error running the configure script for image-acquisition.

error: called from

    configure_make at line 82 column 9

    install at line 184 column 7

    pkg at line 441 column 9

Kind Regards

Dr. Nkosiphile Andile Bhebhe

Post Doctoral Fellow

National Metrology Institute of South Africa

Photonics Division

CSIR Campus

Building 7, Room 19 (Ground Floor)

[hidden email]

060 318 5019

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The NMISA is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, any delay in its receipt, or that the mail is virus-free.

Re: Ocatve image acquisition on windows 10

siko1056
On 8/14/19 8:02 PM, Nkosiphile Bhebhe wrote:

> Good day,
>

> I would like to use a CCD camera for image acquisition direct from
> octave. However, I cannot seem to connect to the camera as the following
> error below keeps coming up. I tried downloading the forge
> image-acquisition but it seems this will not work for windows. Do have
> anything that can work for windows 10 OS as I do not have access to a
> linux computer?
>

> pkg install -forge image-acquisition
>
> configure: error: unable to find the v4l2_open() function
>
> configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site
>
> checking for g++... g++
>
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
>
> checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe
>
> checking for suffix of executables... .exe

> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
>
> checking for mkoctfile... yes
>
> checking for fltk-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/fltk-config
>
> checking for v4l2_open in -lv4l2... no
>

> pkg: error running the configure script for image-acquisition.
>
> error: called from
>
>     configure_make at line 82 column 9
>
>     install at line 184 column 7
>
>     pkg at line 441 column 9
>

> Kind Regards
>

> Dr. Nkosiphile Andile Bhebhe

The image-acquisition package does only work on Linux systems.  See
https://wiki.octave.org/Image_acquisition_package for details.

HTH,
Kai