[OctDev] octave-forge near a releasable state?

[OctDev] octave-forge near a releasable state?

James R. Phillips-2
Is octave-forge at or near a releasable state?

I'd like to do a new cygwin release, incorporating at least the recent patches
to legend.m and print.m.

Would it be better patch the existing release, or could a new release be made
available soon at sourceforge?

I did download the entire current source tree from anonymous cvs, but looking
at it I can see that additional steps are required to turn a cvs pull into a
release, which I didn't want to jump into right away.

Jim Phillips
volunteer cygwin maintainer for octave-forge

Re: [OctDev] octave-forge near a releasable state?

Paul Kienzle-3
The minimum you need to generate a package for a CVS snapshot is to
rebuild the configure file:

        ./autogen.sh

Other things that should be done are documented at the head of
./release.sh.

Are you planning a 2.9.xx release or a 2.1.xx release?

- Paul

--- Paul Kienzle wrote:

> The minimum you need to generate a package for a CVS snapshot is to
> rebuild the configure file:
>
> ./autogen.sh
>
> Other things that should be done are documented at the head of
> ./release.sh.
>
> Are you planning a 2.9.xx release or a 2.1.xx release?
>
> - Paul

I had not planned to do an octave 2.9 xx cygwin release, until it reaches
3.0.xx.  My goal for octave-forge was just to pull in the fixes I described
above.

I will try to follow the instructions in release.sh, and see how far I can get.

jrp