Octave 3.6.0 manual installation

woolcat
The instructions for Octave 3.6.0 and the packages say to unzip to the same directory but they both have the same directory name and both contain /bin under them.

What am i missing here ??

Thanks

Re: Octave 3.6.0 manual installation

Ismael Diego Nunez-Riboni
> The instructions for Octave 3.6.0 and the packages say to unzip to the same
> directory but they both have the same directory name and both contain /bin
> under them.

As far as I know, you should not unzip the packages under the operative
system, but under octave... First unzip and compile octave, then *in the
octave promt* (i.e., run octave first) you have to:

pkg install YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME_WITH_FULL_PATH

I hope this helps... Cheers, Ismael.

Re: Octave 3.6.0 manual installation

nitnit
woolcat wrote
The instructions for Octave 3.6.0 and the packages say to unzip to the same directory but they both have the same directory name and both contain /bin under them.

What am i missing here ??
They have the same subdirs under them but the files inside are all having different names (they do not overlap) - so simply allow the second extracted 7z package to write into the already existing subdirs.

Nitzan