Octave 3.8.0 Windows - Crash on exit

ijourneaux
I was wondering what information I could collect to characterize a crash when I exit Octave.

After I run  my script in octave 3.8, when I exit I get a "Panic Segmentation Violation". If they mean anything, the codes immediately above the message are

0x6886CBC0 (ox0022FAF0 0x00000001 0x0022ffc4 0x77ce8cd5), _zN5ArrayIdED2Ev() + 0x10 bytes(s)

The script is quite long and it could be difficult to narrow down to the problem.
Ian

Re: Octave 3.8.0 Windows - Crash on exit

CdeMills
ijourneaux wrote
I was wondering what information I could collect to characterize a crash when I exit Octave.

After I run  my script in octave 3.8, when I exit I get a "Panic Segmentation Violation". If they mean anything, the codes immediately above the message are

0x6886CBC0 (ox0022FAF0 0x00000001 0x0022ffc4 0x77ce8cd5), _zN5ArrayIdED2Ev() + 0x10 bytes(s)

The script is quite long and it could be difficult to narrow down to the problem.
First of all, you should be more accurate about your platform: which Windows ? (XP, Vista, ...) ? 32 bit or 64 bit version ? Did you use some installer ? Some package manager ? Did you compile it yourself ? And, finally, did you use the command-line interface or the graphical user interface ?

Regards

Pascal

Re: Octave 3.8.0 Windows - Crash on exit

ijourneaux
Thanks Pascal.

Running Win7 32bit. I used the installer at http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/ based on the MXE build.  I used the -5 version of the installer. I am using the control 2.6.1, image 2.2.0, specfun 1.1.0, statistics 1.2.2, general 1.3.2 signal 1.2.2 and io 2.0.2.

I am using the CLI interface.

I want to help and can provide more details and run tests as needed.
Take Care

Re: Octave 3.8.0 Windows - Crash on exit

CdeMills
ijourneaux wrote
Running Win7 32bit. I used the installer at http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/ based on the MXE build.  I used the -5 version of the installer. I am using the control 2.6.1, image 2.2.0, specfun 1.1.0, statistics 1.2.2, general 1.3.2 signal 1.2.2 and io 2.0.2.

I am using the CLI interface.

I want to help and can provide more details and run tests as needed.
I use octave under cygwin; I don't know the details about the MXE version. What I would suggest is to run octave under gdb; the issue would be trapped and you'll be able to get the whole stack trace. I don't know if there exist some gdb build atop MinGW ?

Regards

Pascal