Octave 3.8.2-64bits install packages

Andrei Bobrov
Hi, I use Octave-3.8.2-64 bits (windows 7 64bits). I trying to install packages from scr directory: image, odepkg , but failed to install. How to fix this bug.

Re: Octave 3.8.2-64bits install packages

PhilipNienhuis
Andrei Bobrov wrote
Hi, I use Octave-3.8.2-64 bits (windows 7 64bits). I trying to install packages from scr directory: image, odepkg , but failed to install. How to fix this bug.
AFAIU 64-bit doesn't have a high priority ATM.

A number of 64-bit MinGW issues are mentioned here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13313

I'm working on a patch (more of a kludge :-( ) that will allow a few more OF packages to install.
But image, odepkg, fl-core and netcdf still won't build with it.

FYI, the development versions of Octave (3.9.0+, 4.1.0+) won't (cross-)build for 64-bit MinGW either, as (looking at the error messages) the same or similar issues arise in qthandles that has been integrated in core Octave.

So for the moment you're SOL.
What you can do is enter a bug in the bug tracker and be sure to include the error messages you see on screen (do: pkg install -verbose <package_name>)

Philip

Re: Octave 3.8.2-64bits install packages

Philip Nienhuis
Andrei Bobrov wrote
Hi, I use Octave-3.8.2-64 bits (windows 7 64bits). I trying to install packages from scr directory: image, odepkg , but failed to install. How to fix this bug.
BTW On Linux, these packages won't install either in Octave compiled with --enable-64.

Philip

Re: Octave 3.8.2-64bits install packages

Philip Nienhuis
PhilipNienhuis wrote
Andrei Bobrov wrote
Hi, I use Octave-3.8.2-64 bits (windows 7 64bits). I trying to install packages from scr directory: image, odepkg , but failed to install. How to fix this bug.
<snip>

What you can do is enter a bug in the bug tracker and be sure to include the error messages you see on screen (do: pkg install -verbose <package_name>)
never mind, just did that.

philip