Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

The second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from

   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely
that this version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes.
But please try to build this version and report any problems you find in
the bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release
candidate, so please use that when reporting problems.

I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available soon.

Re: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

tmacchant
> From: John W. Eaton

> To: Octave Maintainers List
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Date: 2015/3/21, Sat 06:51
> Subject: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp
>
>T he second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from
>
>   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>
> I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely that
> this version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes. But please try
> to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug tracker.
> I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please use that
> when reporting problems.
>
> I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available soon.
>
> jwe

I have built the source on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit using --without-OSMesa.

make check results:

  PASS     12842
  FAIL         0
  XFAIL       14
  SKIPPED     64

With OSMesa, I have still met segmentation fault related the Nvidia driver.

For the problem, see
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44478

Tatsuro

RE: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

John Donoghue-3

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:51:28 -0400
> From: "John W. Eaton" <[hidden email]>
> To: Octave Maintainers List <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp
>
> The second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from
>
>    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>
> I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely
that this
> version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes.
> But please try to build this version and report any problems you find in
the bug
> tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so
please use
> that when reporting problems.
>
> I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available soon.
>
> jwe

***********************************

Windows 7, new rebuild of mxe-octave:
  PASS     12847
  FAIL         2
  XFAIL       16
  SKIPPED     54

__run_tests__ finished in directory
C:/Octave/Octave-4.0.0-rc2/share/octave/4.0.0-rc2/etc/tests/fixed  rather
than the director we started in

Fails:
'__w2mpth__' undefined near line 4 column 12 -  fixed I believe in
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/0f2cbcb14a21
processing system.tst
***** test
 xdir = pwd ();
 cd /
 d1 = pwd ();
 cd (xdir);
 if (ispc () && ! isunix ())
   ## should be a drive letter
   assert (length (d1), 3);
   assert (d1(2), ":");
   assert (d1(3), "\\");
 else
   assert ("/", d1);
 endif
 assert (pwd (), xdir);
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (length (d1),3)

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     ()           65           3         Abs err 62 exceeds tol 0

Re: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

bredsj
Ubuntu 14.04 x64

make check:

  PASS     12842
  FAIL         1
  XFAIL       14
  SKIPPED     62

I really like the graphics interface. Now for the testing.

Steph Bredenhann PrEng, PrCPM (sent from SJB-Linux)
----

On 20/03/2015 23:51, John W. Eaton wrote:
The second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely that this version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes. But please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please use that when reporting problems.

I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available soon.

jwe

Steph Bredenhann

Re: Re: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

tmacchant
--- Steph Bredenhann wrote:

>     Ubuntu 14.04 x64
>
> make check:

> PASS     12842
> FAIL         1
> XFAIL       14
> SKIPPED     62
>
> I really like the graphics interface. Now for the testing.
>

> Steph Bredenhann PrEng, PrCPM
>         (sent from SJB-Linux)
> ----
>

> On 20/03/2015 23:51, John W. Eaton
>       wrote:
>
>     The
>       second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from
>

> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>

> I&#39;m sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is
>       unlikely that this version will become the 4.0.0 release without
>       some changes. But please try to build this version and report any
>       problems you find in the bug tracker.  I&#39;ve added a new version
>       tag for the release candidate, so please use that when reporting
>       problems.
>

> I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available
>       soon.
>

> jwe

Hello Steph Bredenhann

If possible, please clarify the FAIL of your make check.

Tatsuro

Re: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

tmacchant
>>  The second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from
>>
>>     ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>>
>>  I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely
> that this
>>  version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes.
>>  But please try to build this version and report any problems you find in
> the bug
>>  tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so
> please use
>>  that when reporting problems.
>>
>>  I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available soon.
>>
>>  jwe
>>
> ***********************************
>
> Windows 7, new rebuild of mxe-octave:
>   PASS     12847
>   FAIL         2
>   XFAIL       16
>   SKIPPED     54
>
> __run_tests__ finished in directory
> C:/Octave/Octave-4.0.0-rc2/share/octave/4.0.0-rc2/etc/tests/fixed  rather
> than the director we started in
>
> Fails:
> '__w2mpth__' undefined near line 4 column 12 -  fixed I believe in
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/0f2cbcb14a21
> processing system.tst
> ***** test
> xdir = pwd ();
> cd /
> d1 = pwd ();
> cd (xdir);
> if (ispc () && ! isunix ())
>    ## should be a drive letter
>    assert (length (d1), 3);
>    assert (d1(2), ":");
>    assert (d1(3), "\\");
> else
>    assert ("/", d1);
> endif
> assert (pwd (), xdir);
> !!!!! test failed
> ASSERT errors for:  assert (length (d1),3)
>
>   Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
>      ()           65           3         Abs err 62 exceeds tol 0

In the tread:
Octave 4.0rc installer on Windows 7

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-4-0rc-installer-on-Windows-7-td4668998.html

There is no windows binary on the ftp yet.
 1. Close button of window is not visible
 2. Qt graphics toolkit is not available in octave-cli

The two points that vinukn pointed out is resolved?

Tatsuro

RE: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

John Donoghue-3

That’s the (now old) rc1,
1. Is fixed.
2. works if the octave-gui is ru with --no-gui