Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

The second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from

   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not
become the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have
more than one or two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is
final.

Please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the
bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so
please use that when reporting problems.

In installer for Windows will be available from the same location once
it is finished building and I've had a chance to test the installer and
run the test suite.

Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
The second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not become the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have more than one or two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is final.

Please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please use that when reporting problems.

In installer for Windows will be available from the same location once it is finished building and I've had a chance to test the installer and run the test suite.

jwe

​compiled and make test went OK, but dump_plot_demos_2 coredumps on ​
 hold_06.png
​.
This is on computer with a Galium/Nvidia card. I have not tried the others (yet).
The problem seems intermittent and i am wondering if this is a hardware issue
(heating?) with discrete graphics cards... ​

​Dmitri.

Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

tmacchant
> From: John W. Eaton

> To: Octave Maintainers
> Date: 2016/9/21, Wed 01:26
> Subject: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp
>
>T he second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from
>
>   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>
> There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not become
> the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have more than one or
> two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is final.
>
> Please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug
> tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please
> use that when reporting problems.
>
> In installer for Windows will be available from the same location once it is
> finished building and I've had a chance to test the installer and run the
> test suite.

I do not see windows installer for 4.2.0-rc2 at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave.

Tatsuro

Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

tmacchant
>> T he second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from
>>
>>    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>>
>>  There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not
> become
>>  the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have more than one
> or
>>  two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is final.
>>
>>  Please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the
> bug
>>  tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so
> please
>>  use that when reporting problems.
>>
>>  In installer for Windows will be available from the same location once it
> is
>>  finished building and I've had a chance to test the installer and run
> the
>>  test suite.
>

> I do not see windows installer for 4.2.0-rc2 at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave.
>
> Tatsuro

I overlooked "will" ("In installer for Windows *will* be available")
Sorry for the noise.

Tatsuro

Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

Dmitri A. Sergatskov

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
The second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not become the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have more than one or two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is final.

​I noticed that documentation images (well at least pdfs) are produced by gnuplot:
​(cd octave-4.2.0-rc2/doc/interpreter/

for file in *.pdf ; do pdfinfo $file ; done

Title:          /tmp/oct-Q078Z9.eps
Subject:        gnuplot plot
Creator:        gnuplot 5.0 patchlevel 3
Producer:       GPL Ghostscript 9.19
CreationDate:   Tue Sep 20 10:25:25 2016
ModDate:        Tue Sep 20 10:25:26 2016

...etc...
)

Was it intentional?

jw
​e​

​Dmitri.

Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

Abhinav Tripathi

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:56 PM, John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
The second release candidate for Octave 4.2.0 is available from

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave

There may be some problems that need to be fixed so this version may not become the 4.2.0 release without some changes but I hope to not have more than one or two more release candidates before the 4.2.0 release is final.

Please try to build this version and report any problems you find in the bug tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so please use that when reporting problems.

In installer for Windows will be available from the same location once it is finished building and I've had a chance to test the installer and run the test suite.

while trying to build the source on ubuntu 16.04, I get 2 warnings during 'sudo make install'  that "libinterp/***" was not installed in "/opt/octave_dev". Is this okay to continue? I did not get such warnings while compiling octave earlier.
I used "/opt/octave_dev" as prefix.
The make install succeeded and I can use octave without errors(as far as I can see).
.
Abhinav

Re: Octave 4.2.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

chechu
Good morning to everyone,

We have built and tested the octave 4.2.0 rc2 on Debian Jessie (8.5) amd64.

-gcc 4.9.4 and Openmp
-64 bit indexing and precision
-Openblas
-With QHull