Octave 5.2.0_1 Windows can't find the script

Octave 5.2.0_1 Windows can't find the script

Vinícius Silvestre
Hi,

I tried to install Octave 5.2.0_1 which is the newest version in a windows 10 64 bit, but every time I try to execute the program it shows this message.

Please help

Vinicius

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 11.03.53.jpeg (139K) Download Attachment

Re: Octave 5.2.0_1 Windows can't find the script

nrjank
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:08 AM Vinícius Silvestre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to install Octave 5.2.0_1 which is the newest version in a windows 10 64 bit, but every time I try to execute the program it shows this message.

Which file did you download, where is it located, and how did you try to install it?  This is the message we usually see when someone download the zip package and tries to just run the program from inside the zip file.

Please see the instructions at the wiki page below and let us know if you need further help:

Re: Octave 5.2.0_1 Windows can't find the script

nrjank

ok.  it's best to install in a location without any spaces in the path. Many people use

C:\Octave\octave-5.2.0-w64

I think that's the default location.  Recommend trying that and seeing if it works.

(FYI it's the convention of this mailing list to bottom post, also try to remember to Reply All and keep the mailing list copied. Others may have answers I don't)

Please be more specific, what did you try and what didn't work. Still the same error message?

Have you verified that the vbs file is actually there? what happens if you double-click the file directly?

Have you tried the following the zip package instructions instead of the exe installer?

Re: Octave 5.2.0_1 Windows can't find the script

nrjank
Hey, just did the installation from the zip archive and it did work now, the thing is that the .exe is not really working (if you guys could check that later). Thanks for the help and now I'll open the app with the .vbs file.

Did you check if the vbs file was actually there in the exe installations? Some people have reported issues with security settings blocking certain things, and Windows is a nightmare to pin down details for such things.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:22 PM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, just did the installation from the zip archive and it did work now, the thing is that the .exe is not really working (if you guys could check that later). Thanks for the help and now I'll open the app with the .vbs file.

Also make sure you follow the directions and run the post-install.bat file.

Re: Octave 5.2.0_1 Windows can't find the script

nrjank
I looked for it but I couldn't find it with the .exe so maybe it's the updates from the windows that won't allow it.

(Please reply all so the help list gets the message and the discussion is archived)

ok, thanks.  it probably is something with a security policy, or anti-malware software (Do you have anything installed other than the built in Windows Defender?)