Octave Classes

Bob Short
I see in the code that support for MATLAB-style classes exists (e.g.
@class directories, etc.).  I can't seem to get anything to work and
don't find any documentation.

I am using octave 3.0.3.

I would be more than willing to help get this stuff working and
documented if that would help.

Bob

Octave Classes

On 24-Dec-2008, Bob Short wrote:

| I see in the code that support for MATLAB-style classes exists (e.g.
| @class directories, etc.).  I can't seem to get anything to work and
| don't find any documentation.
|
| I am using octave 3.0.3.

The current sourcs in the Mercurial archive at savannah are much
different from the 3.0.x stable release branch that is maintained
separately.  Support for classes is only in the current development
sources.  If you want to experiment with that, then you need to build
from the current sources.

| I would be more than willing to help get this stuff working and
| documented if that would help.

If you want to help, then please start by joining the maintainers
mailing list.