Octave Docker image service

Mike Miller-4
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the Octave Docker image service that I am
maintaining. These images provide a fully functional Octave container
with Octave versions from 4.2.2 to the current development branch.

The images are available on Docker Hub as `mtmiller/octave`

  https://hub.docker.com/r/mtmiller/octave

You can use the image to run Octave interactively

    docker run -it mtmiller/octave

Or you can run specific Octave commands or scripts

    docker run mtmiller/octave octave --eval "pkg install foo.tgz; pkg load foo; test foo"

You can use a particular version of Octave with the Docker tag syntax
`mtmiller/octave:4.4.1`. The default tag `latest` will always refer to
the latest stable release of Octave. The tag `devel` will always refer
to the version built from the development branch.

These Docker images replace the image `mtmiller/octave-snapshot` that I
first announced on this list about 2 years ago. That image still exists
on Docker Hub, but is no longer updated and is marked as deprecated.

These images are primarily intended to be used for development, testing,
automation, CI/CD, regression testing, quality control, and other
development tasks. For example, the `doctest` package is now using this
service to automatically test every commit and pull request against
multiple supported versions of Octave.

To contribute to the maintenance of the Docker image itself, ask
questions, or file issues or feature requests, please refer to the
GitLab project (and thank you in advance!)

  https://gitlab.com/mtmiller/docker-octave

Re: Octave Docker image service

jbect
Le 21/04/2019 à 23:02, Mike Miller a écrit :

> I am pleased to announce the Octave Docker image service that I am
> maintaining. These images provide a fully functional Octave container
> with Octave versions from 4.2.2 to the current development branch.
>
> The images are available on Docker Hub as `mtmiller/octave`
>
>    https://hub.docker.com/r/mtmiller/octave
>
> You can use the image to run Octave interactively
>
>      docker run -it mtmiller/octave
>
> Or you can run specific Octave commands or scripts
>
>      docker run mtmiller/octave octave --eval "pkg install foo.tgz; pkg load foo; test foo"
>
> You can use a particular version of Octave with the Docker tag syntax
> `mtmiller/octave:4.4.1`. The default tag `latest` will always refer to
> the latest stable release of Octave. The tag `devel` will always refer
> to the version built from the development branch.
>
> These Docker images replace the image `mtmiller/octave-snapshot` that I
> first announced on this list about 2 years ago. That image still exists
> on Docker Hub, but is no longer updated and is marked as deprecated.
>
> These images are primarily intended to be used for development, testing,
> automation, CI/CD, regression testing, quality control, and other
> development tasks. For example, the `doctest` package is now using this
> service to automatically test every commit and pull request against
> multiple supported versions of Octave.
>
> To contribute to the maintenance of the Docker image itself, ask
> questions, or file issues or feature requests, please refer to the
> GitLab project (and thank you in advance!)
>
>    https://gitlab.com/mtmiller/docker-octave

Thank you Mike, this is great !