Octave-FLTK presentation

Muthiah Annamalai-2
Hello folks!

My slides from the Octave-FLTK talk, at my university
are here.
http://students.uta.edu/mx/mxa6471/software/octave-fltk.ppt

Please go over them, and inform yourself of where
I intend on taking this project, and its internal
architecture.

Thanks
Muthu

PS: JWE Im sorry I posted again to help-subscribe, blame my addresslist.

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Stéfan van der Walt
Muthu,

Good to see some more Octave advertising out there!  I think your GUI
building toolbox is a valuable addition.

Cheers
Stéfan

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 07:49:46PM -0800, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> My slides from the Octave-FLTK talk, at my university
> are here.
> http://students.uta.edu/mx/mxa6471/software/octave-fltk.ppt

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Steve C. Thompson
  Stefan van der Walt wrote:

  > Good to see some more Octave advertising out there!

Definitely!

  Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

  > My slides from the Octave-FLTK talk, at my
  > university are here.
  > http://students.uta.edu/mx/mxa6471/software/octave-fltk.ppt

To bad the slideshow is offered in the Microsoft
PowerPoint format, which slightly undermines the free
software movement :-)

An OpenOffice.org PDF converted versions is here

http://zeidler.ucsd.edu/~sct/tmp/octave-fltk.pdf

In any event, thanks for the contribution to GNU
Octave.  Addressing the GUI issues, as your work does,
is good work.

Steve

On 26 Mar 06 23:42PM, Steve C. Thompson wrote:
> To bad the slideshow is ...

Too bad the above violates standard English!  Sorry.

Steve

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Javier Arantegui
Hi!

El Domingo, 26 de Marzo de 2006 05:49, Muthiah Annamalai escribió:
> My slides from the Octave-FLTK talk, at my university
> are here.
> http://students.uta.edu/mx/mxa6471/software/octave-fltk.ppt

Octave-FLTK seems to be a quite interesting project. I have tried to install
it (Octave-FTLK 0.6.1) in my PC but I got this error when I tried to
execute ./configure:

configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..

What am I missing?

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

El Lunes, 27 de Marzo de 2006 11:07, Javier Arantegui escribió:
> What am I missing?

I know what I missed. Although in the README it says that the installation
begins with ./configure, in the website it says that before ./configure you
shoud do ./autogen.sh.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology
Universitat de Lleida / University of Lleida (Spain)

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Javier Arantegui
Hello,

I've been able to do /.autogen.sh, ./configure and make without problems. But,
when I try to run 'make install' I get this error:

cp ./fltk.oct `octave-config -p OCTFILEDIR`
/bin/sh: octave-config: command not found
cp: falta el fichero de destino
Pruebe `cp --help' para más información.
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/javier/cajon/octave-fltk-0.6.1/octave-fltk-0.6.1/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any idea of what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology
Universitat de Lleida / University of Lleida (Spain)

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Miquel Cabanas
in my Debian Gnu/Linux box if I query,

$ which octave-config
/usr/bin/octave-config

the answer points to an executable shell script called octave-config.
What do you get in your PC? If you get no reply, either you don't have
one (weird, it comes with Octave) or you don't have it in your path.

If you are installing cygwin's Octave there should be a link,

        usr/bin/octave-config -> octave-config-2.1.73

Miquel

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 12:36 +0200, Javier Arantegui wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been able to do /.autogen.sh, ./configure and make without problems. But,
> when I try to run 'make install' I get this error:
>
> cp ./fltk.oct `octave-config -p OCTFILEDIR`
> /bin/sh: octave-config: command not found
> cp: falta el fichero de destino
> Pruebe `cp --help' para más información.
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/javier/cajon/octave-fltk-0.6.1/octave-fltk-0.6.1/src'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> Any idea of what's going wrong?

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

LUK ShunTim
Miquel Cabanas wrote:

> in my Debian Gnu/Linux box if I query,
>
> $ which octave-config
> /usr/bin/octave-config
>
> the answer points to an executable shell script called octave-config.
> What do you get in your PC? If you get no reply, either you don't have
> one (weird, it comes with Octave) or you don't have it in your path.
>
> If you are installing cygwin's Octave there should be a link,
>
> usr/bin/octave-config -> octave-config-2.1.73
>
> Miquel

Please install octave-headers to get it(, and the header files).

Regards,

El Lunes, 27 de Marzo de 2006 15:46, Miquel Cabanas escribió:
> in my Debian Gnu/Linux box if I query,
>
> $ which octave-config
> /usr/bin/octave-config

How didn't I think about that? It happens that it's
in /usr/local/bin/octave-config. I jut symbolically linked it
and /usr/local/bin/octave to /usr/bin and everything worked (more or less).

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology
Universitat de Lleida / University of Lleida (Spain)

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Muthiah Annamalai-2
I have made slides in OO.o impress, but because of the problems
with most of my friends donot own one, I posted the slides
converting them to ppt format.

I dont intend to undermine anything. The original Octave-FLTK  [FLTK is pronounced 'full-tick'], http://students.uta.edu/mx/mxa6471/software/octave-fltk.sxi

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

> My slides from the Octave-FLTK talk, at my
> university are here.
> http://students.uta.edu/mx/mxa6471/software/octave-fltk.ppt

To bad the slideshow is offered in the Microsoft
PowerPoint format, which slightly undermines the free
software movement :-)

An OpenOffice.org PDF converted versions is here

http://zeidler.ucsd.edu/~sct/tmp/octave-fltk.pdf

In any event, thanks for the contribution to GNU
Octave. Addressing the GUI issues, as your work does,
is good work.

Steve

Re: Octave-FLTK presentation

Joan Picanyol i Puig-2
* Javier Arantegui <[hidden email]> [20060327 16:08]:

> El Lunes, 27 de Marzo de 2006 15:46, Miquel Cabanas escribió:
> > in my Debian Gnu/Linux box if I query,
> >
> > $ which octave-config
> > /usr/bin/octave-config
>
> How didn't I think about that? It happens that it's in
> /usr/local/bin/octave-config.  I jut symbolically linked it and
> /usr/local/bin/octave to /usr/bin and everything worked (more or
> less).

I suggest you add /usr/local/bin to your PATH (look at /etc/profile for
system-wide settings or ~/.profile for user settings), lots of programs
install in /usr/local

qvb
--
pica