Octave Forge Statistics package: bootci

Andrew Penn
Hi there,

I noticed that the Octave Forge 'Statistics' package currently doesn't have Matlab's bootci function for calculating bootstrap confidence intervals. I wrote a bootstrap confidence interval function compatible with Octave/Matlab called ibootci.m, which is available on GitHub

From a user perspective it has much the same syntax as Matlab's bootci function but has extended capabilities (double bootstrap) and functionality (some support for complicated dependence structures). I can provide this for the statistics package along with a wrapper function called bootci that includes the option to calculate BCa intervals has features strictly only available in Matlab's bootci.

Interested? This is my first time interacting with this mailing list so I'm not that familiar with the process of contributing.

Best

Andy

Andrew Penn
Sussex Neuroscience
School of Life Sciences
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QG
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1273 877049

Re: Octave Forge Statistics package: bootci

Nir Krakauer-3
Dear Andrew,

Yes, that would be an appreciated contribution.

The best way is to post the files contributed to the patch tracker [1]. Try to follow the programming [2] and documentation [3] syntax conventions we like to use. However, people can fix that for you, so don't worry too much about it initially. It's also important to include unit tests [4] so that users can verify that your program works as intended.

Thanks!

Nir