Octave Forge image package 2.6.0 released

Octave Forge image package 2.6.0 released

Carnë Draug
Hi everyone

A new release of the Octave Forge image package [1] is out, version 2.6.0.

This new version has been on the works for more than a year and adds
several new functions, more functions supporting ND images, better
performance, and increased Matlab compatibility.  A complete summary
of user-visible changes is available online [2].

Special thanks to Hartmut Gimpel and Avinoam Kalma who have constantly
been contributing with new functions and bug fixes for this release.

Carnë

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/index.html
[2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/NEWS.html

Re: Octave Forge image package 2.6.0 released

marco atzeri-2
On 05/10/2016 02:50, Carnë Draug wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> A new release of the Octave Forge image package [1] is out, version 2.6.0.
>
> This new version has been on the works for more than a year and adds
> several new functions, more functions supporting ND images, better
> performance, and increased Matlab compatibility.  A complete summary
> of user-visible changes is available online [2].
>
> Special thanks to Hartmut Gimpel and Avinoam Kalma who have constantly
> been contributing with new functions and bug fixes for this release.
>
> Carnë
>
> [1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/index.html
> [2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/NEWS.html

Hi Carne,
on cygwin with octave-4.0.1 I see some failures
when running all tests with
  __run_test_suite__ ({${testdir}}, {})

64bit
   PASS      1001
   FAIL         8
   XFAIL       21

32bit
   PASS       995
   FAIL        15
   XFAIL       20

is it expected or not ?

Regards
Marco

On 5 October 2016 at 05:07, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05/10/2016 02:50, Carnë Draug wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> A new release of the Octave Forge image package [1] is out, version 2.6.0.
>>
>> This new version has been on the works for more than a year and adds
>> several new functions, more functions supporting ND images, better
>> performance, and increased Matlab compatibility.  A complete summary
>> of user-visible changes is available online [2].
>>
>> Special thanks to Hartmut Gimpel and Avinoam Kalma who have constantly
>> been contributing with new functions and bug fixes for this release.
>>
>> Carnë
>>
>> [1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/index.html
>> [2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/image/NEWS.html
>>

> Hi Carne,
> on cygwin with octave-4.0.1 I see some failures
> when running all tests with
>  __run_test_suite__ ({${testdir}}, {})
>
> 64bit
>   PASS      1001
>   FAIL         8
>   XFAIL       21
>
> 32bit
>   PASS       995
>   FAIL        15
>   XFAIL       20
>
> is it expected or not ?

Looks about right.  There's a lot of Matlab incompatibilities that have
been identified and I add tests for them even when there's no fix around.

I have 21 XFAIL and between 8-12 FAIL (some rounding error on random data).
The numbers you got on cygwin were a bit different from mine but I don't
remember the details (this was already true on the last release of the
package).