Octave V0 or V1 available

Octave - General mailing list

Hi Octave,

Are ancient fortran versions of octave available anywhere?

From the era of say  1980-1990.

Thank you.

Best regards

Rob Hickey
ED-TS/ENG4-Wm ED-TS/PRS-Wm

Tel. +1 781 684-5342

Re: Octave V0 or V1 available

Carlo de Falco-2

Il giorno 16 dic 2019, alle ore 11:52, Hickey Rob (ED-TS/ENG4-Wm ED-TS/PRS-Wm) via Help list for GNU Octave <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi Octave,

Are ancient fortran versions of octave available anywhere?

From the era of say  1980-1990.

Hi,

Octave is an old project, but not that old!

You can find a history of releases here :

all old versions are available on GNU ftp servers but AFAIK none of them was ever written in fortran.

c.

Re: Octave V0 or V1 available

Jeffrey Layton
You might be thinking of Matlab where Cleve wrote the very first versions all in Fortran.
You'll have to Google around for the sources but I think they stored somewhere.

Jeff

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 3:31 PM Carlo De Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:

Il giorno 16 dic 2019, alle ore 11:52, Hickey Rob (ED-TS/ENG4-Wm ED-TS/PRS-Wm) via Help list for GNU Octave <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi Octave,

Are ancient fortran versions of octave available anywhere?

From the era of say  1980-1990.

Hi,

Octave is an old project, but not that old!

You can find a history of releases here :

all old versions are available on GNU ftp servers but AFAIK none of them was ever written in fortran.

c.

RE: Octave V0 or V1 available

Octave - General mailing list

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m looking but haven’t found the source for version 0.60.

Any suggestions where to look?